XXI - Disaster Party

Camilo Madrigal x Reader

○◇○◇○

TW: Self-hate and angst.

Catherine lowered her knife when she heard the front door slam abruptly followed by shallow breaths and an occasional whimper. With her maternal instincts kicking in, she rushed to the door only to find you, back against the door--eyes tearing up, lips quivering and when you decided to look away, a tear fell off, and so did another one.. and another and another--

"(Name)! What happened?! Whats wrong?!" Tiya Catherine rushed to you, no longer resisting herself from hugging you. Your mind was clouded, clouded by doubt, by negativity--the seed was growing into a tree and it was draining your will and giving you back more doubts.

"N-Nothing, I just-- got overwhelmed with the amount of people outside.." You said through whimpers, that you tried to hide through deep breaths, but Catherine knew better.

"Dear--"

"I'll be upstairs uh-hm.. Prepare for the party.. "

With that you rushed upstairs, despite the rush and the pain you felt at the moment, you closed your door softly before breaking down completely, quietly, sniffing and gasping for air.

|| || ||

Excitement was long gone before you head to the party, you contemplated why you even left in the first place but you thought about having Camilo be disappointed with his plans for tonight.

'But look at him.'

You stared at him in the middle of the crowd, you slipped in without him noticing, it was proven hard when people seem to stare off and gawk at you, although you only came in wearing a simple dress, you stood out reasonably among the crowd. You swore it was some kind of miracle he hasn't notice you yet, or he's just to busy having fun with Hermosa Cecilia  whom he's talking to at the moment.

'Look at her, and him. Don't they look nice?'

Nice is an understatement.

'If only you didn't come around. How happy they could have been, engaged.'

And he couldn't even tell me.

'Why would he, you're nothing compared to her.'

Your fist clenched, so hard that your palm was starting to hurt. You couldn't even fight off what your head was telling you, you had sowed a very  bad seed and it was too deep to pull out now. You wanted to just talk to him, hug him, hold him like you both use to but with the Señora matching the two, glaring at the spot she saw you at, you feared what would happen if you did. And for once, leaving him alone with her was a better  choice.

Camilo has been glancing at the door since the party started, where were you? Did you perhaps slip in without him knowing?

"Ah Camilo, you should have seen mi hija dance. Most men just looked hypnotized, I'm sure you would be too." Señora Linda gushed.

'I'm already captivated by another.'

"Cecilia did like dancing, I remember you imitate a chicken dance once, everyone went hysterical." He replied, Cecilia laughed heartily punching Camilo's shoulder as an old habit. The Señora was not please by this, Cecilia was not acting modest and Camilo's approach was only friendly, not to mention him glancing towards the door every now and then. She knew her plan was slipping, and if you gained the courage to strut towards the boy, It'll all come to an end. Fortunately for her, she scared you of with a glare but there's no relying on that alone.

Bruno Madrigal had been trying his best to socialize, the villagers never seem to ran out, as well as the questions they have for him. He a let out a sigh amidst the questions thrown at him, at the corner of his eye, he saw a very familiar figure, her face with worry and her eyes were hesitant. Only when they locked eyes did he realize it wasn't that, it was fear that filled her eyes and so she turned her back at him as if she didn't see him.

'(Name)..'

"Uhm.. excuse me I have to uhh-- feed the rats. I mean cats! Cats! They're calling out for me and all sooo.." He instantly slip off the crowd, leaving them to sigh disappointedly. Bruno quickly rush to you, appearing by your side and you turned at him wide eyed.

"I don't know what's going on but you're troubled. Are you troubled? You look troubled." He asked, you felt a soft smile leave your face.

"Señor Bruno--"

"You can call me Bruno, or Tiyo Bruno since you know, you and Camilo are... Am i getting there right?" You chuckled softly, so he was one of the few who already knew. Camilo did say someone in his family might have figured it out now. You expected it to be Dolores, but maybe she knew about it too.

"What's wrong?"

Taken aback by his concern, your eyes turned glossy so you looked away, your sight leading you to the worst part of this party. Him and her laughing, Bruno seem to catch up by this.

"Are you--"

"So that's Cecilia huh, what a beautiful girl."

"She's grown up so fast, her and Camilo were inseparable back then."

"Do you think this party was to rekindle their young love?"

"No doubt, I remember vividly he promised her marriage long ago."

Camilo finally looked at you, his mouth gaping seeing you displeased. A lone tear pass down your cheek before you looked away, to look at another Madrigal who got struck by realization, his brows furrowed with worry.

"I think you misunderstood this one, (Name).."

'I didn't.'

You only smiled.

"That's not what my prophe--"

"Have a nice evening, Señor Bruno."

You whispered, to not seem rude to just walk out and not hear him give you hope. There's none of it there now, everyone knew. They all knew. Just by looking at them for a second, they knew they were perfect, but how is it that when he was with you, no one thought about that.

'Because you are nothing compared to her.'

That's right.

You turned away from the party, leaving through the back doors and Camilo followed quickly..

Quickly to have their hearts broken.

○◇○◇○

Oh my gods. I wrote that? It would have been impossible since I AM SO SORRY. I know, I know..! I have been busy this entire time, I apologize for not making updates and you guys have been literally messaging me about it. I do plan to finish the story so don't worry. I also have another book so no way in heck that's canceled.

I just hope you guys will understand i have very dire problems, and school has been barbaric so if i don't update so soon. I probably got locked in the dungeon lol.

I am still thankful for the support, I won't let you down so badly. I hope this chapter filled you in..

n.l.page