III - Her name

Camilo Madrigal x Reader

○◇○◇○

Camilo walked calmly along side his sister and cousin after a delicious snack in the Cafe. His hands tucked inside his pockets, and his mind in deep deep thought.

He couldn't get you off his mind.

He admit he was stupid when he forgot to ask for your name and after gaining the courage and the correct words to approach you with, you were not the one who gave them their food. He felt disappointed, afterall, he prepared for that moment only to be met with a much older woman, who he may or may not accidentally gave a flirty face.

He groaned remembering that embarassing moment, which did not went unnotice by Dolores. She eyed him and grinned teasingly.

"Thinking about her again?"

"Who's her?" Dolores didn't say another word, she already knew her stubborn brother would find a way to deny and fight back all of her teasing.

He didn't deny her though, and Gods, he felt like he was against himself.

Denying and then secretly agreeing against his new found affection for you. He admit, love at first sight wasn't something he would agree on, falling in love with someone in mere seconds when you barely know anything about the person.

How ironic, when he himself fell in love with you at first sight.

But then again, he won't admit that even if he knows it. Do you get that feeling?

Incase you aren't so interested in him, he will keep his feelings in distance. He didn't want to assume and get hurt over it. Over you, who he barely knows. He doesn't even know your name yet.

Right, your name.

How was he suppose to get your name? He hesitated on leaving the cafe earlier to try and check for you inside, but he wasn't alone and asking to be left behind will only make Dolores and Mirabel's teasing to the max. So he had to leave with them, hoping to see you again. Dolore might-

Dolores.

Dolores can help him get your name! If anyone in his family hears anything happening in Encanto, It's her. She might be able to give him the name he wants to hear.

|| || || ||

"Hey, Dolores. How are you today?" Camilo asked looking up to his fair sister who raised a brow upon his odd behaviour. He caught up to her while Mirabel excused herself to run some errands.

"I am fine, Camilo. Why do you ask?"

"I'm not allowed to ask simple questions now?" Dolores sighed, she knows what he wants. Heck, it was written on his face.

"You want to know her name, don't you?"

The shock was evident on his face. 'Since when did she had telepathy?!'

"Unbelievable. I just wanted to have a heart-to-heart conversation with my sister by asking how she is today and she assumes i want someone's name." He said while throwing his hands up, acting frustrated.

"But if you know, i don't mind knowing.." He mumbled, looking away. Dolores laughed, she can't say no to him. This was the first time Camilo came to ask for her help, regarding a girl. She knows now, that whoever this girl is, she was lucky her brother went all out just to find out about her. So she activated her ability and listened in on the cafe.

"Mi amor, have you seen Bella? I've been looking for her, i was hoping she'll taste this new recipe for me." Asked a muscular voice, probably belonging to Alonzo, the cafe owner. Another voice joined in, it was feminine and soft but matured.

"Oh, I noticed her taking orders earlier but she ran off somewhere. Shall i find her?"

The man chuckled and mumbled a soft "no".

"You can taste the recipe, mi ceilo. Bella can tell me what she thinks later."

That small conversation was enough for Dolores, she turned to her brother who was practicaly floating from anticipation.

"Her name is Bella."

If it was physically possible, he glowed like a bright star. It only lasted for a second before his face returned calmed, but he suddenly grinned out of no where and Dolores can't help but think it was adorable.

"The name actually didn't matter, I'm glad you're fine today." Dolores rolled her eyes, seriously?

Well, she'll ride along his play pretend. He will admit it someday.

Then he ran off, his yellow poncho appearing in a blur as she lost sight of him.

"Go get her, Madrigal."

|| || || ||

Dolores already set her foot in the Casita when a voice interrupted her thoughts.

"Bella's not back yet, I wonder where she ran off too." She heard the familiar voice of Alonzo and his wife, "(Name) is a matured young lady, yes a bit reckless at times, but she can manage just fine. Also, don't ask the kind people here  where she is if you're gonna give them the wrong name!"  The woman giggled.

"Her mama calls her Bella, I just wanted to call (Name) with that name since.."

The voices stopped and all Dolores can hear now is her mind racing.Her breath hitched. Shoot. She gave Camilo the wrong name!

○◇○◇○

I had a hard time figuring out how to write this chapter, I'm glad it end up well.

I also wanted to say THANK YOU, i am so happy readers vote for this and it gave me a lot of motivation enough for 1 month xD. I also wanna thank the readers who put this book in their reading list and another THANK YOU for my first follower. You guys are angels T^T

Everyone stay mentally healthy!

n.l.page