Not Wasting Time

Harry and Louis have been dating officially for about a week. There's been lots of cuddling, lots of talking, lots of kissing... lots of sex. 

Harry's so in love that it hurts, but even so, something's still missing. Because everything isn't perfect just yet. 

"Lou?" Harry asks one evening. They are cuddled up on the sofa, watching a bit of TV.

"Yes, love?" Louis replies. Harry's heart swells at the word love. It's nothing new, but it's still special every time. 

"I've been thinking about this for a while... and don't say no straight away..." Harry pauses and snuggles into Louis' neck, kissing and sucking one of the bruises there to try and butter him up. 

"O--ok," Louis stutters, trying to stay composed and telling himself to wait a bit before he rips Harry's clothes off and fucks him over the coffee table. "What-- what is it?"

"You know how we said about not wasting anymore time?" Harry continues.

They are wasting time right now, Louis thinks grumpily, time that could be much better spent doing something much more fun. 

"Yes?" Louis says desperately, hoping on everything that Harry will hurry the hell up and tell him what he wants. At this point, he'll agree to just about anything.

"I think we should reunite the band again."

Louis blinks. 

He blinks again.

And once more, just for luck.

"No."

"No?" Harry asks, frowning up at Louis from under long eyelashes. "Why not?"

Louis fidgets uncomfortably, lost for words. 

"You don't want to?" Harry asks, incredulously. 

"No," Louis snaps, voice tight. "It's not that. I do want to, I just..." he closes his eyes, imagines the familiar roar of the crowd, the endless days and the sleepless nights. Even now, it fills him with a buzzing feeling. 

"I don't know," Louis says finally. "I want to, I just... I don't know."

"We owe it to them," Harry says quietly.

"To who? The boys? The fans?"

Harry glances up and then quickly away again. 

"To everyone." He sighs. "To ourselves?" 

Louis envelopes Harry in a hug, limbs sticking out over the edge of the sofa. 

"I'll think about it, yeah?" 

They cuddle in a comfortable silence for a while, one of them occasionally breaking it to ask a question before descending back into quiet. 

"No modest?"

"No modest."

"And Zayn?"

"If he wants."

"Touring?"

"We'll see."

"But we'll always be together, Haz, right?

"Course."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

And so it goes until Louis falls asleep and Harry picks him up and takes him to bed.