Letter of tears

Harry wakes up feeling cold. Still half asleep, he turns around and finds that Louis is, indeed, gone. He smiles to himself. Louis always wakes up first and he sometimes manages to escape, if he gets out of bed really quietly. Normally though, Harry will catch him and pull him back to bed for more cuddles. 

But today isn't a cuddle day, clearly. Louis has already gotten up.

"Louis!" Harry whines as loudly as he can, knowing full well that his boyfriend isn't gonna come back to bed for more cuddles. He isn't surprised when he gets no answer. 

As he decides to drag himself out of bed and go downstairs, Harry notices a white envelope on his bedside table. It's probably something boring and official though, so he ignores it and instead goes to find Louis.

***

Harry has searched through the whole house twice and Louis is nowhere to be seen. Harry knows he hasn't gone out because he would have woken him up to tell him, or at the very least texted him. He's probably just hiding somewhere, Harry tells himself, but he's getting a little bit worried. 

In the end he decides to go back up to his room and check his phone one more time. Surely Louis would have called by now, if he was out? 

***

Harry is in his room when he notices the envelope again. More specifically, the handwriting on the envelope. Louis'. 

Harry almost laughs aloud with relief. It's probably a treasure hunt or something fun like that! Trust Harry to walk right past it. Poor Louis has probably been waiting for hours for him, waiting for Harry to come and find him. He rips the envelope open and scans the contents. A plain piece of paper, folded into quarters. 

He unfolds it and his heart stops.

Dear Harry Styles,

I've got to let you go. It'll be better like this. I promise. 

Remember? I love you. I'm sorry.

Yours sincerely, Louis Tomlinson.