Time

Time has passed. Lots of time. Three years, to be precise, since the band went on break, and never came back. 

Louis has sorted things out with Niall, and although their friendship isn't what it was, they're ok. He hasn't contacted Harry at all. 

Louis misses him, of course he does, but it doesn't hurt as badly anymore. 

Like they say, time heals all wounds. Or at least, takes the edge off them a little bit.

Harry really has made it big. The boys have all released songs and albums but Harry's just gone above and beyond anyone else. Louis knew it would happen. He's proud. Sometimes at night, when he can't sleep, he'll listen to some of Harry's songs. Some of them are sad. Those ones make him cry. Some of them are also happy, which makes Louis smile because it shows him that Harry's doing ok, after all.

Louis tries to avoid Harry related stuff as much as he can. It brings the pain and the memories back, reminds him what he could have right now. 

They could have gone public. They could have gotten married. They could have had kids. 

But those thoughts are pointless, and Louis has to remind himself that it's for the better. 

Even so...

No.

No. 

He won't let himself have those thoughts.