Epilogue

A/N: I would just like to thank everyone who has continued to read and enjoy this story. It has been one which I've loved to write!

After Alicia and Max had revealed the news of their pregnancy to their fathers, there may have been some scepticism that the two of them wouldn't last due to just how rapidly their relationship had progressed. However, before they knew it, their baby boy's first birthday had arrived in the blink of an eye. Max's heart skipped a beat on this particular day as he stood in the doorway of the living room of their now shared apartment, watching Alicia cradling their son, Emilian, who had been named after him by the use of his middle name. The Dutchman had known for a while now that Alicia was the only one for him, the only one who he wanted to spend his future with, but it was moment like this which made him want to turn that image of what he had for the future into the present. Knowing that this was finally the day he was going to make that a reality, Max nervously bit down on his bottom lip as one of his hands lowered into his pocket, Max taking some relief from the fact that Alicia hadn't seemed to notice him.

"Is everything okay? Thinking of it, you've been acting a bit unusual over the past few days, almost like you've been avoiding me," Alicia spoke up with concern once she had noticed Max slowly creeping towards her, it taking him a while before he finally sat down beside her.

"Everything's perfect, or at least I hope it's going to be," replied Max softly as he rested one of his hands on top of Alicia's, being unable to hold it properly since Emilian was snuggled into her chest. "The truth is, I have been trying to avoid you over the past few days. This isn't because you've done anything wrong, but it's instead because there's been something I've been wanting to ask you and I was trying to find the perfect moment to do it. Seeing the way you are with him has made me realise that we don't need to go on some fancy date for this because the love I'm feeling for you both right now makes me sure that this is the perfect moment."

Alicia raised her eyebrows at first, having no idea what Max was talking about, but that was only until he had pulled a small box out of his pocket, sinking down to the ground on one knee, which caused her to remove one of her arms from around Emilian and clap her hand tightly over her mouth in disbelief.

"Ever since you turned eighteen and were of an appropriate age, I've known that you're the one for me, Alicia. For years, I told myself that it would be wrong of me to love you as anything more than the little sister which I once seen you as, but since fate found a way to bring us together, it all beginning on that one night where we slept together for the first time, which changed everything, I now know that you're my soulmate and that we really do belong together. I want to spend every day of the rest of my life proving to you just how much I love you and just how committed I am to you and whilst I'm doing that, I'd love to be able to call you my wife. Will you make me the happiest man who has ever lived and marry me?" Max continued with affection as he opened the box to reveal a gold ring with the largest diamond in it which she had ever seen, his lips threatening to curl up into an enormous smile, but Max fighting to narrow this until he had gotten an answer.

"Of course I will! That was so beautiful, Max!" She exclaimed with joy, extending out her left hand for him to slide the ring onto her ring finger.

After she had spent a few seconds gazing at it in adoration, she helped Max to up his feet, before she stood up herself, one of her arms being wrapped around Max as the other one held Emilian, the three of them sharing a group hug as all they were able to think about was their love for each other, Alicia eventually speaking up amidst this.

"I fantasised about being able to call myself this when I was younger, but now I can't believe it's going to be my reality that I'm going to be Alicia Verstappen and what makes it even more crazy is that it'll all have happned because of one night."