Chapter 3 - Sexual Tension (NSFW)

Once Max had suggested that himself and Alicia share a dance, her heartrate began to increase as their hands touched, Max taking her hand in his to pull her up from their cosy corner seat. Their fingers remained entwined as Max lead Alicia over to the centre of the dancefloor, a very fitting song beginning to play right on time, Toxic by Britney Spears, the lyrics reflecting how both Max and Alicia wanted nothing more than each other, but always feeling as though being together would be impossible with their fears that not only their teams would disapprove, but also their families who had been close for decades.

As the song began, Max rested his hands firmly on Alicia's waist, the two of them beaming at each other as he did even though their vision of each other was slightly distorted due to the laser lights all around. As Alicia wrapped her arms instinctively around the back of Max's neck, the two of them began to circulate their hips in unison, their bodies subconsciously drifting closer to each other as they did. Within a couple of minutes of this, Max let out a gasp of surprise under his breath, his body heat suddenly rising massively as he not only felt himself lightly grinding against Alicia for a single time, but Max also realising that this was causing his boxer shorts to suddenly become so much tighter. Max may have intended to wait until a more special occasion to finally confess to Alicia how he felt about her, but with his growing desperation for her, with his fears that he would be unable to wait if things continued as they were, he put some distance between their bodies as he twirled her around, however, to Max's horror, this only made things worse for him. As her body twirled around beneath his arm, this only provided Max with a better view of her, a better view of how the short, black dress which she was wearing hugged her curves in all of the right places. For a split second, Max was no longer focusing on that moment, his mind instead taking him back to the day of Alicia's eighteenth birthday party when she wore a similar dress, the image flashing before his eyes as he remembered that once he laid eyes on that dress, he could no longer deny that there was something between them now that she was of age.

"Is something wrong?" Alicia spoke up with worry as she noticed that Max's mouth was hanging slightly agape as he was in the trancelike state which the memory caused him to enter, yelling slightly to allow Max to be able to hear her over the music.

"Of course not, just the opposite actually. I just became lost in how beautiful you are," responded Max dreamily, the alcohol in his system making those words effortless to leave his lips.

As the sound of those words, Alicia was once again overcome with an overwhelming urge to lean in and kiss Max as the distance between their bodies closed once again, but remembering that he didn't appear to want the same thing before their dance caused her heart to skin, Alicia admitting to herself in that moment that nothing would be able to improve her mood apart from being able to have Max, even if she, like Max, had always thought that would only be possible in her dreams.

As the next song began to play, the two of them decided to switch things up a bit, Max making his way behind Alicia as they continued to sway their hips. His hands remained on her waist for a few moments to ensure that they were moving in unison, but once he had found the perfect pace, his hands made their way up to her shoulders, before they trailed down her sides. It may have only lasted seconds, but towards the beginning of this, his fingertips were inches away from her breasts, this causing Alicia to have a strong urge to press her legs tightly together as sexual frustration was significantly building up inside of her. Max was also feeling this way, his erection growing even further as he pulled her bottom against him when his hands reached her waist yet again. All it took for Max to be unable to hold himself back any longer was Alicia turning her head to look at him over his shoulder, his pupils dilating at the sight of the flirtatious smirk which was spread across her lips and Max then knowing in that moment that night was going to be that heavily anticipated night which they had both dreamed about. He was unable to prevent himself from lowering his head and connecting their lips, the kiss starting off gently, but it being a lengthy one, it continuing as Alicia turned around in his arms and didn't hesitate to deepen it. As this was going on, Ana, Rosie and Vanessa clinked glasses from a nearby table, this being a moment which they had always tried to encourage since they knew how much it was always meant to happen.

"What was all that about? You didn't want to kiss me before," Alicia asked with confusion when they had no choice but to come up for air.

"Of course I wanted to kiss you, but I was hoping you'd learn how I feel about you under better circumstances," explained Max apologetically as the two of them held each other at arms length. "But I can't hold myself back anymore, so how about we get out of here and I make this night one which you're never going to forget?"