Prologue

A/N: Thank you all so much for choosing to read this story. I hope you enjoy! I'm aiming to update this book every Saturday, but as was the case with my Team Player story, life got in the way and I had to sometimes miss a week out.

Disclaimer
This was written before the 2022 Hungarian Grand Prix

Taglist
auguriaep WHIFF99 luminousmoonlight Sargeants_Wife drive2survive Garrixer_06 starwarsfan234 ur_moms_b_07

Sometimes love can come from the most unexpected places, people falling for those who they would have never expected to in a million years. A prime example of this was how a one night stand with the man who she had always loved like a brother lead to 20 year old British-Dutch McLaren F1 driver, Alicia Butler starting to develop feelings for Dutch Red Bull F1 driver, Max Verstappen. Leading up to that one night in one of their favourite night clubs, Max had comforted Alicia on many occasions over her insecurities around the fact that her teammate at McLaren, Lando was massively outperforming her. However, what made that particular night so much different from those which had come before it was that both Alicia and Max had recently come out of relationships, Alicia finding that the men in her life seemed to just use her for who she was, rather than genuinely wanting to be with her after she was involved in an F2 accident in 2019, which resulted in her not only missing out on winning the title, but it also being an accident which had almost taken her life, it being that very thing which made Max realise that he in fact loved her as way more than a sister. This was the very reason why Max's past couple of relationships didn't work out, the world champion never being able to get his countrywoman out of his mind, meaning that he couldn't put 100% into his past few relationships.

Alicia had now been in F1 for a season and a half, it being the first week of the summer break of the 2022 season. She had been hoping that she would be able to get a decent haul of points in Hungary the week before and be celebrating right now, but since that was not meant to be, Lando once again being the one to do that instead of her whilst she had a DNF after a collision with Ocon, she was currently back where she lived in Monaco at hers and Max's shared favourite nightclub. Normally spending some time with her best friends model and business woman, Ana Johnson, engineering university student, Vanessa Serafino and Prema F2 driver, Rosie Morgan would enormously lift Alicia's spirits after a terrible race weekend, the blaring music mixed with the alcohol in her system usually causing her to temporarily forget about the pain she was experiencing, but on this particular night, she was sitting at their table with her chin resting on her hand, thinking that Ana's suggestion for them to go out was a bad idea since she wanted nothing more than to be with Max, who she knew always knew exactly what to say to make her feel better.

"Come on, Al! Let's go and dance!" Said Rosie with enthusiasm, the Brit taking one of Alicia's hands in hers, pulling her up from her pervious sitting position with her chin being rested in her other hand.

At first, Alicia was in no mood to agree with Rosie's suggestion, but that changed once she quickly grabbed a shot off the tray on their table and threw her head back. After every last drop was gone within a matter of seconds, Alicia allowed Rosie to lead her onto the dancefloor, dragging her up the step to the stripper's pole in the centre. Ana followed the two of them closely behind and as she did, she looked over her shoulder at Vanessa, nodding knowingly at her, before Vanessa made her way to the bar, almost as if the Mexican and the Italian were secretly planning something. Once Alicia, Ana and Rosie had reached the pole, the other two stood back and watched Alicia in amazement as she grabbed the pole by both hands, wrapping her legs around it as she swung around it, making sure that her bottom was sticking out, giving anyone watching the perfect view. Unknown to Alicia, the man who she was currently longing to spend time with was currently watching her from the bar, Max's mouth hanging slightly agape at the sight as Vanessa had reached him.

"I'm glad we could get you to come. You're the only one who can cheer Al up," said Vanessa with appreciation, sitting on the stood beside Max, but his eyes still being unable to be torn away from Alicia. "The plan has worked perfectly. She has no idea you're here. When she's done up there, making your trousers feel even tighter, I'll get her over and she'll love this very pleasant surprise."