༻28༺

BROOKLYN POV

BROOKLYN POV

Not this asshole.

I send Maggie a pained look. She was already just as upset, though.

"Maggie," Negan greets. "Brooklyn."

I roll my eyes. I had only seen this man through Jihyun and Carol. I look to Maggie again, but she continues packing the bus with a scowl on her face.

Reality hits me.

Jihyun said Negan killed his best friend. Maggie and Jihyun were so close.. Maggie's husband was dead- Hershel's father.

Glenn was Jihyun's best friend. Maggie's husband was named Glenn.

Did Negan kill Maggie's husband? Jihyun's best friend? Negan killed this Glenn guy that was so important to them?

"Any thoughts on how you ladies are going to do this?" Negan asks.

"Do what?" Maggie spits.

"Take out the bitch," he answers.

"Pamela?" I lean against the bus. "Or you?"

Negan scoffs. "Look, I get that you and her have a history. And all these people have their own reasons for going back into the city, but.. we all know that none of us are safe as long as she's still breathing."

I wonder what Pamela was doing right now. Did she already think I was dead? Did she feel sad? Angry? Relieved?

Or, did she know that these people have already taken me in as their own. They were family now. More than she could have ever been to me.

"If you believe that, then go out guns blazing so it kills the both of you. Leave me out of it," I decide.

I send Maggie a look that I'd catch up with her later. She nods and I walk away.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Princess was able to get the radio through to Mercer. It was nice to hear his voice. He laid out a plan that Princess relayed back to everyone.

"Oh, hey," she whispers once everyone sets to their own business. "Jihyun is with Eugene. They're squared."

"Mercer said it?" I clarify.

She nods with a grin. "Our men are a-okay."

I'd just met Princess last night. But, i was so relieved that I throw my arms around her in a hug.

"Oh, we're hugging," she notes, squeezing me back. "This is nice. I like this. Are we like. total besties now?"

I giggle, my chest felt a thousand times lighter. Mercer had a plan. He was leading us right back to our friends.. To Jihyun.

The train ride then felt like the longest travel while also a breeze. Once we arrived, we waited until Mercer radioed through and cleared the guards. Then, Daryl took the lead and led us inside the main station of Commonwealth.

Just before I step into the main area, Maggie grabs the back of my shirt.

"What's wrong?" Judith asks.

"Something ain't right," Daryl warns.

Maggie tugs me to her side. I take the pistol out of my holster, still getting used to the weight and feeling of carrying a weapon.

"Come on guys, we're almost there!" Tyler calls.

"Get down!" Daryl screams.

As though it was an instinct, I drop to my knees at Daryl's command. As I touch the floor, gunshots ring out from above.

I ease back behind a column and aim my gun up. The gunshots were so loud. There were people getting shot left and right.

I had just learned how to shoot. I wasn't a fighter. But, my new family was at risk and I had to protect them with all I had left.

I flinch as a bullet hits the spot just inches from my shoulder. When I go back to return the fire, Negan shoots the man that nearly killed me.

My eyes widen and I look over at Negan. He sends me a single nod and returns to shooting at the troopers ahead.

I blink a few times, trying to understand what just happened.

Then, someone bumps their shoulder into mine. I fly back against the wall, stumbling into Maggie as we both fall back.

"No!" Daryl screams.

Panicked, my eyes search the area. I follow Daryl as he kneels on the ground. Judith was laying motionless on the floor. Blood was beginning to pour from her shoulder.

Did Judith just.. save my life? Take a gunshot for me because I wasn't paying attention?

I look back to where the gunshot came from. My breathing was erratic. My limbs were trembling. Tears flood into my eyes.

Pamela Milton.

Pamela looks down at us in shock. She was holding the gun, still. She tried to kill me. She shot Judith.

"You did this, Brooklyn!" Pamela screams. "You ruined everything!"

I march forward. Maggie grabs my arm. Blindly, I shove her off of me and rush forward. I raise my gun and fire rapidly, hitting two men that were beside Pamela that she ducks behind.

Behind me, the others begin to return to the fight. Maggie, Carol, and Negan fire their guns to the troopers.

"We gotta go!" Daryl screams.

"Brooklyn, let's go!" Carol shouts.

before I knew it, there's smoke in the air. I couldn't see Pamela. Ezekiel threw a fire extinguisher and Daryl shot it. 

My jaw pops in anger. I needed Pamela's head. I needed to tear her limp from limb.

Carol grabs my sleeve and jerks me into a run. We hurry to the doors. The chains that were previously there were gone. We run outside.

"The clinic's not far!" Ezekiel shouts, leading the way.

As we turn on a street, a trooper's vehicle races by and stops- blocking the road.

"This way!" I shout. "Circle around the alley!"

Ezekiel nods and waves everyone forward. "This way!"

We turn and begin running again. That's when I spotted Max.

I race to her side. She rests a hand on my arm and we continue running.

As another truck blocks this way, I realized that Eugene was also here. On instinct, my head snaps around as I search for Jihyun. 

"Brooklyn!" Jihyun calls.

𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓇 𝓇𝒶𝓂𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈--

𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓇 𝓇𝒶𝓂𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈--

best baby judith i love little asskicker

brooklyn is Not a fighter but shes learning okay she's trying her best