༻6༺

JIHYUN POV

JIHYUN POV

Eugene's text read 'SOS stuck with crying women apartment C floor 3 room 205 please arrive PDQ'.

Then, he sent another text that read 'Actually, PDF'.

He wrapped it up with 'Jihyun. You. Here. Now.'.

Love that guy.

I raise my hand to knock on the door but Eugene opens it. I grin and knock on his forehead.

"Your true Savior has arrived. I promise to not call you 'Doctor Smarty-Pants'. What's up?" I say.

"Not funny. Negan has a charisma about him that made that feel endearing," he scowls.

"Blow smoke up that piece of shit's ass and I will leave you here," I warn. "Now, what do you want?"

He steps aside and nods for me to enter.

The sight I walk in on is.. a lot.

Brooklyn Monroe was on the floor. More specifically, she was in Max's lap. Max rocked her back and forth like a baby and shushed her.

"Brooklyn here is relative to the late-great Deanna and Reg Monroe," Eugene whispers.

"Yeah, knew that," I note.

"She left out a couple of days ago alongside Pamela Milton and Lance Hornsby. They went to Alexandria and.. well.. Brooklyn figured out the hard way that the late-great Monroe couple is in fact late and passed on."

I scratch the back of my head.

"Why am I here?" I wonder.

"I needed a fellow masculine support. Ezekiel is recovering from surgery and Jerry is with him. Daryl wouldn't answer the phone. I did text Princess but she told me to, and I quote 'fuck off'."

"Eugene," Max calls. "A little help here?"

"My fellow survivor and long time buddy will assist," Eugene says, pushing me forward. "He's stronger than I."

"I don't care who, just come help me!" Max hisses.

I sigh and my shoulders slump in defeat.

"Just for the record, when most people say 'SOS' it means an actual emergency is going on," I whisper to Eugene before walking over to Max and Brooklyn.

"She's out. I think she downed half a bottle of scotch before getting here," Max tells me as I crouch by her.

I look at the empty bottle that once held liquor in it. "Half?"

"Some is on the floor.."

I shake my head and grab Brooklyn's arm. I toss her over my shoulder.

"Careful!" Max gasps.

Brooklyn's head goes near the floor and I hold her waist on my shoulder. "Where to?"

"My bedroom," Max ushers, waving for me to follow. "Don't spin her too much!"

I fall in line behind Max as Brooklyn's top half sways back and forth over my back.

Max tosses her comforter off of the bed, leaving only the sheet. I place Brooklyn on the bed. She whines a little and curls into a ball with Max's pillow.

"Could you sit with her for a second?" Max asks.

"I actually-"

"Thanks!" Max darts out of the room.

I put my hands on my hips and look up at the ceiling. i shouldn't have left Jude and RJ. They were much better company.

I felt weird to sit on Max's bed, so I stayed standing. I pace around the room. In the living room, I could faintly hear Max and Eugene.. arguing? Something about Stephanie and books and science. Eventually, I could only hear Eugene saying big words, so I tuned them out.

I lean against the wall. Watch Brooklyn.. Okay? I look at the drunken girl. I did feel bad. Deanna and Reg really were good people. it hurt when we lost them. It hurt to know Spencer and Michonne found Deanna turned then buried her. It was a great loss that weighed over us for a long time.

I think about Brooklyn's position.

She'd been behind these walls for the past.. what? Fifteen years or so?

She looked to be my age. That means she must've been fresh out of high school when thigns went down. How did she get separated from the other Monroes?

Then, I frowned. She must've spent the past decade thinking they were in another safe place like this. Or, that they'd been gone since the beginning. Then, we turn up and she gets a slap of reality that they're gone. Her whole family.. Gone at once.

I lost my family early on. My dad was.. No. I shake my head so I didn't get too into the thoughts. That was in the past. I was okay. They would want me to be okay.

Brooklyn's phone rings.

She reaches to her pocket- half awake and half asleep. She reads the screen and makes a face. She tosses it on the ground and falls back in the bed. When the phone stops making noise, she sighs.

Then, it rings again. She whimpers and I roll my eyes before picking it up and turning the sound off.

'Fuckwad' Milton'. The photo was of a garbage can.

I snicker to myself. That's a hell of a name for a fiance. I turn her phone off and set it on the nightstand.

"Hey," Max greets as she walks in. "Thanks. I'll take it from here."

"Happy to help," I send her a smile, kicking myself off the wall.

I walk back to Eugene who had a sad look on his face. I throw my arm around him and put him in a headlock.

"Let's go, Doctor Dumbass," I tug him out of the apartment.