༻16༺

JIHYUN POV

JIHYUN POV

Brooklyn and I kept a low profile for the next few weeks.

Everything happened the way Carol wanted. Lance took the fall for Sebastian's screw ups.

The surprise wedding was planned. Brooklyn played Sebastian through the whole thing. She swore that people would forget about the 'rumors' and the wedding would be the talk of the town.

Pamela seemed excited to finally look at wedding dresses with her beloved future in law. I think she was just excited to have things going the way she wanted them to.

We were leaving. Pamela granted Hilltop, Oceanside, and Alexandria residents the ability to either stay in the Commonwealth or return home.

Today was the day.

Founders day was here.

The wedding was here.

The fight was here.

"You know, I always heard that your wedding was supposed to be the best day of your life," Brooklyn says.

"Yeah? Is it?" I ask.

She rolls over on the couch so she's upside down. "Hell yeah. I can't wait for my groom to get food and shit thrown at him when I expose him for the weasel, son of a bitch he is."

Brooklyn stayed at my apartment ever since things started. I was growing used to her company.

But, I did wonder how she got here. Before, we'd never spoke to each other. We passed by and ignored. Now, we were never apart. When did we go from strangers to.. accomplices?

Brooklyn's phone goes off and she checks it. "It's Max.. It's time to go."

"Shall I walk you down the aisle?" I tease.

"The fuck is that ugly dress at?" she rolls- flipping off the couch and to her knees.

I snicker at her actions. I was getting used to her personality, too. The real one. 

The Brooklyn that can't sleep without a blanket. That eats ice cream with a fork (still weird). That zones out in daydreams. That likes frilly clothes that sparkle. She said she was a 'girly girl' and was proud of it. That she wanted to wear pink and deck asshole guys in the throat if they tried her patience.

Getting used to it or.. attached. Was I attached to Brooklyn? We'd only known each other for about 6 months. But, it felt like 6 years.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

"There you are," Magna scoffs, pulling me into a hug. "I was wondering where the hell you've been. I haven't seen you in weeks."

"Crazy time," I say, rubbing her back.

"How's that?"

"Been helping Connie."

"Really?" she smiles.

Shit. She knew something.

"Because Kelly told me that you've been shacked up in your apartment with Brooklyn Monroe for weeks."

"That's part of helping Connie."

Magna squints her eyes like she didn't believe me.

"She and Sebastian aren't really together. She wants to take him down just as much as we do."

"Ji.. We're going home today," she reminds.

Right.. home.

I was living in Hilltop before we got here. When the Whisperers came through, we all huddled at Alexandria. Then, the fight with Leah and the Reapers.. God. There was nothing but fighting outside Commonwealth. Who would be the next enemy? Another Governor? Another Negan? Negan himself?

"Hey," Magna calls. "I talked with Miko about this, too. You're coming home, right?"

"I hate this place," I admit. "But.. I'm really tired of the fights out there. I don't want another Alpha or some shit, you know?"

"Pamela agreed to give us some resources. We're gonna build our homes back up."

"Where are you going?" I wonder.

"Hilltop is home. We've got a lot of work to do there. Apparently Maggie blew up part of the main house in the fight with Leah and Hornsby."

Maggie. Hershel. I always promised Glenn to keep them safe.

"Where is she? Maggie?" I ask.

If I just talk to Maggie, she'll get my head on straight. 

"She, Daryl, and Carol were helping Aaron and jerry get packed to go to Oceanside. They were at one of the outside stations."