Chapter 35: Ghostly Chaos

Start from the beginning

Kirlia looked at me and grinned. We locked eyes and nodded.

"Trevenant!" Trevenant roared but couldn't move due to needing to recharge. I noticed that it wasn't crackling with lightning anymore.

Rotom noticed it too. "It has Natural Cure," it revealed, "it can cure itself from status infliction after a certain period of time."

"Shit," I spat. "There goes our advantage."

"Feebas, Ice Beam! Machop, use Bullet Punch!"

Bullet Punch was about the only move other than Revenge that could hit a Ghost-type. He was buffed with Bulk Up so it was stronger than usual. While Revenge is a Fighting-type move, it can still return damage to Ghost-types.

Trevenant was part Grass-type, so Ice Beam was the only option other than Surf. Feebas's other moves were Flail and Tackle, but those were both Normal.

Ice Beam hit Trevenant, covering it with a thin sheet of frost. I noticed that Trevenant's eyes twitched, showing that it was taking damage.

Machop appeared in front of Trevenant and punched it in the face with Bullet Punch, making it shudder with pain. Roots grabbed Machop, holding him in place. Trevenant opened its hand and shot small ghostly embers at Machop. He winced in pain as he was inflicted with burn.

I couldn't help but grin. "Machop, Revenge!"

Machop yelled and broke free of Trevenant's grasp, ripping them like paper. He punched Trevenant, releasing all the damage done. After being hit by that Hyper Beam, Revenge was so strong that it made Trevenant bellow in pain.

"Nant!" Trevenant lashed out and rent Machop with a Shadow Claw, knocking him backward.

Machop's Ability was Guts, which makes him fifty percent stronger when he was inflicted with a status effect. With Revenge plus Bulk Up plus Guts, Machop was able to do tremendous damage against Trevenant.

Machop was burned again, making him flinch. While he was stronger, he was running on a timer. We had to end this before he fainted.

Trevenant found him to be a threat and raised both hands, which formed into Wood Hammers, and swung them at Machop.

"Kirlia, Confusion!"

Kirlia jumped to his defense, holding both Wood Hammers with psychic energy.

Trevenant fired another Will-O-Wisp and hit Kirlia, who was preoccupied with holding back the Wood Hammers.

"Machop, keep hitting it with Bullet Punch!"

Machop took advantage of Kirlia's exertion, hitting Trevenant over and over with Bullet Punch, making it shudder as it began to take damage.

Trevenant canceled one of its Wood Hammers and tried to slash Machop with Shadow Claw.

"Pikachu, Iron Tail!"

"Chu!" Pikachu sped to Machop and jumped over him, slashing through the Shadow Claw with his metallic tail, before rending Trevenant with it.

"Kirlia, Zen Headbutt! Feebas, Ice Beam!"

Kirlia pushed away the Wood Hammer he was stopping and rammed into Trevenant with Zen Headbutt. Afterwards, Feebas hit it with Ice Beam, causing it to stagger.

"Machop, Bullet Punch!"

Machop hit Trevenant in the face with Bullet Punch.

Trevenant roared in anger. Its purple aura began to intensify, crackling with purple electricity. It opened its mouth and from its gaping maw it released a Hyper Beam.