Chapter 35: Ghostly Chaos

Começar do início

"Thanks, Feebas, for the distraction! Kirlia, control the water!"

Kirlia concentrated and moved the remnants of the Surf with Confusion, wrapping the water around Trevenant.

"Pikachu, Thunder Shock!"

Using the strategy we used with Mismagius, Pikachu struck the water with Thunder Shock, electrocuting Trevenant. It began to crackle with electricity.

It was paralyzed!

Trevenant lashed out on Pikachu, attacking with a Shadow Claw.

"Pikachu, use Volt Tackle to dodge!"

An aura of electricity surrounded Pikachu. He used the burst of speed to dodge to the side, avoiding the Shadow Claw. But Trevenant's Shadow Claw changed trajectory as Pikachu dodged, hitting Kirlia instead.

Kirlia was knocked backward, taking massive damage from the super effective attack.

"Damn it," I curse. "It tricked us."

"Think Trinity, think. There has to be a way to counter this."

Roots and branches rose throughout the battlefield, forming into six Wood Hammers.

"Kirlia, Disable!"

Kirlia was about to use Disable, but a Wood Hammer bashed into him, canceling his move. The other Wood Hammers extended and swung at my team.

"Machop, Bullet Punch! Feebas, freeze them with Ice Beam and use Surf! Pikachu, Iron Tail!"

Machop clashed with a Wood Hammer, struggling against it. He was swiftly overpowered and hit once again, knocking him to the ground.

Pikachu cut through the Wood Hammers, using his nimbleness to his advantage.

Feebas froze Wood Hammers, scrambling to avoid the rest. Then she found a gap in between and rode on her Surf, jumping off as it hit Trevenant.

A purple light shone through the Surf and before we knew it, a purple Hyper Beam rampaged through.

"Kirlia, Disable!" I said, desperately.

Once again Kirlia was stopped, being struck by another Wood Hammer. Damn it, Trevenant wasn't letting us Disable its attacks! It was too smart.

We couldn't dodge, but we could clash against it.

"Pikachu, Thunder Shock! Feebas, Ice Beam! Machop, Bulk Up and Revenge!"

I didn't want to use Revenge so early, but this Hyper Beam could easily wipe out my team if it hits with full force. We either had to power through it or at least try to mitigate it.

Thunder Shock, Ice Beam, and Revenge all clashed against the Hyper Beam. At first, it seemed equal but the beam clash gradually shifted in Trevenant's favor, and we found ourselves overpowered.

"No!" I yelled, my eyes widening. This was it, my Pokemon could not take this attack.

Just before the Hyper Beam hit, Kirlia jumped in, recovering from the Wood Hammer. He raised both hands and pushed against the Hyper Beam with Confusion.

"That's it!" I shouted, my heart throbbing. "Keep pushing!"

We were still getting overpowered, but at a much slower pace. When my entire team were struck by the Hyper Beam, it was smaller than before. An explosion rushed through the battlefield, covering it with smoke.

When it cleared, my team was still standing, injured, sure, but still in the condition to battle.

"You saved us, Kirlia," I said. "We're not done yet."