Chapter 36- Broken Voice

Tay's POV *6 Days Later*

It's been so quiet. Scott hasn't left Shelby's cabin at all since her and Gem fell. I don't blame him but... he hasn't shown any concern for Gem's health. I mean, I know Gem didn't get hurt nearly as much as Shelby did but...

Oh well...

Scott has been SUPER defensive. He refuses to let anybody near Shelby, unless it's Katherine coming to heal her, but once she does finish healing her, Scott immediately kicks her out. I can only guess that Scott's going through an even more protective phase.

The amount of glares he's given people in the past week... it's been a lot. Lets just say that.

Shelby's wounds have been healing nicely from what Katherine has told me. Unfortunately though, since she's used her abilities so much in the last week, it's going to possibly be a few more days before she can heal Shelby, Gem or anybody again, as she needs more time to charge up due to using it so much.

Gem, thankfully, is doing much better, but Shelby still has a long way to go, with the bones she broke and the damage that was done overall. There was a bit more damage to Shelby's head than we originally realised. I should have known really. That cliff is like a... 200 to 250 feet drop.

Shelby is gonna have to heal on her own for now though.

"Tay" a voice calls out and I glance to my right to see Quig walking up to me.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask, curious as to why a neutral was coming up to a survivor.

"Pix wants to talk to you" he says.

"Alright, where is he?" I ask as I stand up.

"My cabin" Quig says, "I'm gonna go for a walk. I just wanted to let you know".

I nod and begin the short walk to Quig's cabin, as he continues on his way. I wonder what Pix is wanting. It isn't very often that a neutral will come to a survivor, so I wonder what this is about.

Scott's POV

My eyes were closed as I lay silent next to Shelby on her bed. I've been holding back the tears for hours now, my eyes hurt... but I won't cry. I don't want to be seen as weak...

Even though they know I get emotional when something happens to Shelby, I can't help but feel like I shouldn't show weakness in front of them. I'm a freaking traitor. I shouldn't be so emotional...

But I am, because my best friend is injured and may never be the same again.

It's been a weak since the incident. I've been thinking of ways to kill Gem...

My neck has been burning, desperate to kill, but I can't. If Shelby wakes up and I'm not here... she might hurt herself again.

I roll up my sleeves and see the cuts from the night before where I had cut myself. I deserve it. I failed her...

I won't fail you again Shelby...

I won't let them hurt you anymore. I won't allow you to ever come into contact with more pain...

Sitting up and rolling my sleeves back down, I see the makeshift splint on Shelby's broken leg. H, Oli and Katherine made it, mostly to keep Shelby's leg protected. I'm glad they did that.

I'll do everything it takes to get Shelby back on her feet. I'll support her through it all. I'll help her to be able to walk again. And I'll never, EVER, let this happen again...

Shelby flinches slightly in her sleep, catching me off guard as I immediately feel my heart racing. "Y-You're okay" I tell her, holding her hand tightly, "It's okay, I'm here...".