Chapter 17- Questions and Answers

Scott's POV (Next Morning)

Slowly, my eyes open to the sun shining brightly through the window. My hands move to my eyes as I begin to rub them, to help me open them better, and to get rid of the sleep. Sitting up, I look around, noticing that Shelby wasn't on the bed with me. Looking down at myself, I realised that I was back in my coat, and my blanket was over me, but so was Shelby's.

I look around, noticing Shelby standing at her cabin window, looking outside, her coat still on.

I could see her still shivering, but I could tell she was trying to get past it.

I quickly stand up, grab both blankets and walk up behind Shelby. She seemed lost in thought as I bring the covers over her shoulders, wrapping them around her. "Hm?" Shelby hums, turning her head slightly as the covers go around her.

"Scott?" she asks, turning fully towards me.

I smile, "Morning Snowflake" I greet her, wrapping my arms around her and pulling her close.

"Why did you-?", I cut her off as I begin to stroke her hair. "Shhhh... don't speak, my Snowflake. You need to stay warm" I say in a low, gentle tone.

She goes to speak again but decides not to and just snuggles up to me as I smile gently and begin to sway back and forth a little, slowly and peacefully. She looks up at me from inside the hug, as the two of us sway to the soft tune that had begun to fall from my lips.

For a few minutes, I could see Shelby smiling as we danced, and although she still shivered, I could see the happiness in her eyes, just knowing that I was there...

It makes me happy to know... that Shelby knows she can trust me... I don't know what i'd do if she didn't...

Of course, I'd use my abilities to make sure she would trust me. I'd go to the ends of the Earth to make sure she knows that she's safe as long as she's with me, and as long as i'm with her. But... I don't think i'd be able to handle if... one day... she said straight to my face that she doesn't trust me.

I scoff lightly in my head; I need to stop worrying so much. That'll never happen.

After another few minutes, I notice Shelby's smile fade a little, and she goes completely quiet.

"Shelby...?" I ask, looking down as she snuggles up to me.

"I-I'm sorry..." she mumbles.

"What... What are you apologising for?" I ask, a confused tone in my voice.

"For even going near fWhip and Oli when I knew that I felt something was off..." she explains.

I tighten my hug, "You don't need to apologise, Shelby. Don't even think for a second that it was your fault. I know it's not. You should know it's not" I tell her gently.

"But... if I hadn't gone over to them, then you wouldn't have had to keep me warm like this..." she continues.

"Don't you dare apologise, Shelby" I say in a soft, yet stern voice.

She looks me in the eyes.

"You were right Scott... I can't trust anybody except you..." she says as her grip on me gets tighter.

I chuckle lightly to myself, but make sure Shelby wouldn't hear it. My grasp on her is stronger than I thought...

"Don't worry Shelby... they'll never hurt you again" I say just above a whisper.

If only I could use my abilities right now, but they're still recharging. If I were to use it now, then I wouldn't be able to use the full effect. At that point, it would just be a waste. I'm better waiting until I'm fully charged up.