"Guys, stop. You guys arguing sounds like toddlers." Russia snapped, stepping between them.

"Russia —" Germany started.

"Not right now. You two are friends. You shouldn't be arguing about something so stupid," Russia said. "Make it up, or leave eachother alone."

They both walked away from each other.

"Damn." He whispered, resisting the urge to laugh.

.......

Russia rubbed his eyes. He had fallen asleep. He jerked his head up and spotted Germany standing over him.

"Listen, Russia," Germany swallowed hard. "I — I'm really sorry for hurting you — I didn't realize — I'm not good with words, and I — I'm sorry I didn't realize you were uh, hurt. I —" Tears enveloped in Germany's eyes as he hugged his best friend back, as Russia hugged him tightly.

"Oh, and hey, Germany. You are a terrible liar." Russia laughed.

"Huh?! What?" Germany looked embarrassed.

"When you said 'no' to Poland bothering you," Russia said. "Clearly something was bothering you."

"I — I —" Germany stuttered, "He isn't bothering me, I just feel like I'm bothering him. I just feel like I'm burdening him when I talk about my problems, and that he has to do something to make me feel like I'm a better person. I feel like I have to work, because otherwise my future is destined to be horrible."

"Germany." Russia turned to him, sitting flat on his palms.

Germany turned to look at him, rubbing his eyes, although one tear escaped, and he cursed under his breath.

"Just because your family did bad things, doesn't mean you have to. You're a wonderful person. Working isn't your purpose, and it doesn't define you. Don't ruin yourself this way, you're kind, and care a lot. Taking a break is okay. It won't make you fall behind, or kill you to stop for a bit."

"B — but —" Germany swallowed, tears forming in his eyes again. "T — to everyone around me it is! T— they give me these looks — like they hate me when I stop! I — I do want to stop! But I can't! They'll h—hurt me, won't they? I mean, w—why wouldn't they?"

"Germany, you're so scared about what everyone thinks because you try so hard to be worth something, or stay loved, because you believe if you don't, you'll be all alone," Russia said softly, wiping a loose tear away from Germany's face. "And when you stop, you hurt yourself. That isn't fair to your body, and you know you shouldn't, but then you think about your family, because they wanted to define you to be a little villain, but you defied them. You're an amazing friend, and I will never ever leave you."

That was the breaking point for Germany. He collapsed into Russia, shaking and sobbing. His glasses were pressing into Russia's chest, but at this point he didn't care. His friend was being vulnerable, which was rare. He wanted to have Germany let a little loose, he just needed to find a way up his own path first. He rested a hand on Germany's back, trying to stop Germany from shaking so much. Germany gasped, tears coming uncontrollably, grabbing onto Russia's arm as his skinny, frail body started shaking a bit more.

"I— I'm sorry." Germany whispered.

"Don't be, you're doing okay." Russia whispered back. He'd always thought it was funny that Germany was a little older than him, and Russia felt like Germany was his little brother sometimes.

"A — am I hurting you? Germany sat up, still shaking, adjusting his glasses a bit over his puffy eyes.

"Only a tiny bit, 'cause of the frame of your glasses. It's okay, though!" Russia replied.