Overwhelmed

[America 3rd Person]

America walked down the stairs, when he heard his siblings arguing, like always.

"...And AUSTRALIA stole my flower crown." New Zealand shouted grumpily.

"N - NO I DIDN'T!" Australia shouted, despite the flower crown literally in his hands.

America heard footsteps and realized it was Canada.

He heard a loud sigh, and then Canada said, "What is it now?"

"Australia stole my flower crown!" Kiwi whined.

"That's not fair! You stole my -"

"Guys, I swear to God, stop arguing or I will get Ame and make him scold you."

"W - what?!" You can't do that! He's still in college, isn't he?" Kiwi questioned.

"No, he got back last night, when you guys were supposed to be asleep. I'm surprised you didn't hear, especially with Mom beaming at him. He was so embarrassed.

Actually, I'm glad you didn't come, you would totally make fun of him, and he's had enough of that." Canada laughed, and America had to cover his mouth from giving himself away.

"Boo. Why would you call him, anyway?! He's so scary when he's mad."

Kiwi grumbled, and America got the sense she was crossing her arms and pouting,

"Or moody. Or sad! He's so mean!" Australia stomped his foot.

"No, he isn't. Listen, he may. . . . Make some questionable decisions, but he isn't like you two. Like, come on. Aus, you're in Junior High! And Zea, just because you're almost in sixth, does not mean you can sass everyone around. I'm graduating Highschool soon to join America, so I won't be around as much. You guys have got

to get your act together." Canada chided.

America sighed. Leave it to Canada to scold. He sounds almost as worse as father! Although, I guess I can't blame him.

"Hey, bro. I got it from here. But thanks." America side-stepped out of the doorway where he was hidden, placing a hand on his taller brother's shoulder.

"Oh, hey, Ame." Canada nodded towards him, smiling with the sense he was glad to have the two taken off his hands.

"Boo! Why are you here?!" Kiwi shouted at him.

"Because you guys are entirely too loud, what else?" America chuckled.

"Wh - no we aren't!" Australia crossed his arms, pouting.

"Sure. Now, listen. I have a business meeting to go to, so I need you guys to be good for Nada, okay? I'll get you, uh - that fairybread stuff if you're good." America crouched down to their level.

New Zealand immediately perked up. "Really?!"

"Yes, but only if you're good for Canada. He has enough to deal with that he's just starting his Junior year."

"Okay, byeee!" New Zealand waved goodbye as America got his briefcase and headed out of the door.

Oh, poor Canada. He'll probably invite Ukraine over, or at least I'm guessing. She's good with the kids. America thought, making a mental list of the things he needed to do.

He finally rounded the corner and went up into the elevator.

He had always been careful of elevators, especially because of the... Incident, back in New York.

He shook off the feeling of dread.

As soon as he entered the building, he realized something was off.