As soon as Jungkook and Mara came to view, the frown on Dong-seok's face disappeared. It softened with familiarity and a warm smile took up his face. Mara missed Dong-seok and Evan. So far they had been some of the kindest people she had met, and without a doubt, she felt safer with them around. Dong-seok seemed extremely fond of the younger ones as well, finding them to be of greater priority than himself. With Hyundai on tow, Dong-seok did not completely let his guard down. It was a stranger that knew where he lived, after all, but considering his alliance to Namjoon, the man had no problem letting them in. Hyunjac however, maintained his distance, notifying the coachman to stop before the gate leading inside. Hyunjae stepped out of the wagon, about to step forward until realizing he still held his bloodied coat. He hesitantly placed it inside the wagon before gulping and approaching the gates with a newfound smile. It was not a genuine smile, nor was it deceptive.

Before anyone had the chance to utter greetings, the door to Dong-seok's cabin flew open. It slammed against the front wall and out came Haneul, running towards the gate. Hyunjae was visibly appalled by her appearance, physically leaning back with widened eyes and lips slightly ajar. Haneul was still heavily bruised, and Mara discretely grimaced, pursing her lips to keep a guilty sigh from escaping her. Dong-seok opened the gate for Haneul after she struggled to do so, tears clouding her already impaired vision as she sobbed joyfully.

Haneul ran towards Hyunjae, and he welcomed her with open arms, his smile wavering as he clutched her tightly. There was silence beyond Haneul crying into Hyunjae's chest, and everyone stared at the two embracing with faces flooded in dread. Namjoon quietly walked towards Dong-seok shaking his rough hands and nodding in respect. The two leaders made stern eye contact, a reflection of the news they'd have to break to Haneul.

Speaking of, the girl had pulled away, wiping her teary eyes, sniffling and taking staggering breaths as she looked around Hyunjae. She peered at the guards that had accompanied him, then at Namjoon, finally landing on Mara and Jungkook. Mara couldn't look her in the eyes, afraid that Haneul would be able to read her pity and figure out with a simply look what had gone wrong. Jungkook secretly held her hand, squeezing it when noticing her expression.

"Where's Sam-" Haneul began questioning, quickly interrupted by Dong-seok, who extended his arm to welcome everyone inside.

"Let's step inside to talk. It's much safer," He said, nodding to Hyunjae and opening the gate for everyone to step inside. A trail of six people entered the cabin, finding it to be a tight squeeze on the sofas and offered extra chairs by a smiling Evan.  Though it was a tough situation around them, Evan and Jungkook were quick to pull each other into an embrace. They smiled and chuckled through greetings and couldn't help hugging once more.

Mara stood by awkwardly, about to walk away before a voice called out to her.

"Where are you going?"

Her shoulder was pulled back gently, and Mara turned to find Evan expectantly waiting with arms open. Mara sheepishly grinned and stepped into her embrace, patting his back swaying them side to side. Evan looked extremely relieved to see them, as one who hadn't seen his friends in a while would. Mara imagined that times would get lonely when not constantly surrounded by close friends. She wished Jungkook could come by everyday to see Evan, just so he wouldn't feel alone. However, as much they wanted to be, they weren't close enough neighbors for that to be possibly.

Not to mention the literal walking dead.

"I was wondering when I'd get to see you two again," Evan gushed in a whisper, "Not the best occasion but..." he shrugged, glancing at Haneul.

"Glad you're doing good, Li Shang lookin-ass," Jungkook teased, pulling at Evan's hair and prompting the latter to pinch his arm in retaliation.

"Fuck you, is it because I'm Asian?" Evan chuckled.