Part 15

Dr. Rajak had been working overtime, assisting with a microsurgical procedure on a giant patient whose arm was badly injured in an accident. While he wasn't a specialist in this particular field, his tiny size was highly advantageous for anastomosis of small blood vessels and nerves. Under the guidance of the specialist in charge, he aided in suturing together the delicate blood vessels and nerves. One of the larger veins had to be grafted, and Dr. Rajak stitched in the borrowed section to reconstruct the blood vessel. The surgery was long and tedious, but the human doctor enjoyed the challenge of the work. During his employment at the giant hospital, he had learned a ton and gained a significant amount of expertise in fields he wouldn't normally be exposed to.

The medical team wrapped up the surgery and the doctors and nurses dispersed to clean themselves up. As Dr. Rajak and his giantess wife removed their bloody gloves and sanitized their hands, the receptionist poked her head in.

"Doc! You've got a human patient! They're in the waiting room whenever you're ready!" she shouted. The doctor and nurse exchanged glances of surprise. They had planned to end their shift and go home upon completion of the surgery, since they were already working past their scheduled time, but human patients were a rare sight. Dr. Rajak was really the only one qualified to help a patient who was so small. He sighed. He was a bit fatigued after such a complicated procedure, but he was willing to stay to help one of his own kind. Since the surgery had gone so well, he was in a good mood.

"Alright, we'll be right out, as soon as we're cleaned up," he informed the receptionist. Nurse Rajak smiled at him. She loved her husband for his compassion and diligence. She didn't mind staying late, as long as she got to be with him. They finished sterilizing themselves and Nurse Rajak scooped him up and informed the receptionist they were ready. The nurse walked over to the exam room, holding her miniature husband up to her chest. He laid back into the soft cleavage of her huge breasts, which bounced gently with every step she took. He considered himself a lucky man.

Mr. Henderson ambled into the exam room, with his new human friend in tow. She was shocked, and subsequently relieved, to see that the doctor was a human just like her. The two giant people placed their respective humans on the table. Nurse Rajak, with some coaxing, was able to remove the uncomfortable harness, exposing raw rub marks and sores underneath the tight straps. Dr. Rajak introduced himself to his fellow human and began the medical evaluation. In the meantime, the giantess cleaned and bandaged Mr. Henderson's wound, and checked him for any lasting negative effects from the blow to his head. She had observed his general condition, with how pale and haggard he appeared, but assumed it was from his head injury.

Mr. Henderson figured he should call the police and report that he found the woman, since she was likely a missing person and would need to be reunited with her human family. However, he didn't know her wishes in regards to the matter, and she was already so frightened around giants, she likely couldn't handle being questioned by intimidating giant police officers. Even though the night was growing late, he decided to call Joey. He'd know what to do.

As luck would have it, Joey was still out on patrol. He had volunteered for extra shifts so he had more time to look for Eren. Not to mention, he didn't want to be rotting sad and alone in his apartment; he needed to keep his mind occupied, his hands busy. His work buddy Ray had tagged along to support him, since he knew Joey was going through a rough patch, and to suck up more overtime hours. When Joey heard the circumstances, he rushed over. He reasoned that there might be a link between Eren's disappearance and the mystery of whatever happened to this human.

While the two giant officers were on their way, Dr. Rajak completed the examination and offered the woman some water and food, which she swiftly scarfed down. She was dehydrated and underweight, but wasn't suffering any other significant maladies of concern. He cleaned and bandaged her irritated sores from the harness and prescribed her a round of antibiotics to prevent infection. He tried to talk to her, in order to get information out of her, but she kept her mouth sealed shut, too shy and afraid to make a sound. She didn't seem to trust him. Admittedly, he didn't have the best bedside manner for a doctor: He was used to dealing with people hundreds of times his size, so he tended to be very bold and assertive. Her eyes frequently darted around the room, to the door, and up to the giants with paranoid anxiety, as if she were constantly evaluating for potential threats.