Chapter 10 - Frank

Frank paced around the campfire anxiously, he had delivered his letter last night, yet evening was approaching and no sign of Eddie anywhere.

Frank wearily put out the campfire, hiding back into his tent. He had been observing Home for the past few days, and more importantly, keeping tabs on Wally.

Wally wasn't acting as he usually did, and Frank had a hunch it had to do with Y/N and Home.

plop

A footstep, the muddy dirt alerted him of an approaching visitor. Was it Eddie?

There was no way to know for sure, he grabbed a shabbily forged weapon, holding it defensively.

schlop

Muddy footsteps were getting louder, who was it?

"Who's there?"

...

"Kid?"

It was Barnaby, much to Frank's relief and disappointment. Frank placed aside his weapon, approaching nearer.

"What are you doing here, kid? Everyone's been looking for you. With all the missing persons lately, we can't get another one."

"I know, Barnaby."

"So what are you doing here?"

"Listen, Barnaby. Has Eddie been seen in the Neighbourhood?"

"I saw him last night, closing up shop. He didn't open this morning though, might be sick."

"What? Where is he?"

"I don't know kid, if I knew I would've just told you."

"Okay, where's Wally?"

"..."

"Barnaby?"

"About that, kid."

Barnaby's friendly smile turned into a frown of regret, stepping aside to reveal the small figure his huge body was covering.

"Howdy, Neighbour."

"You. What did you do with Eddie?"

"I would never hurt my good friend Eddie, how could you accuse me of that?"

Wally pouted, feigning innocence, practically taunting him at this point.

"Home told where you were hiding, it has eyes everywhere you know."

"What about Barnaby?"

"Let's just say, a dog helps their owner."

Wally revealed a bone from his pocket. The origins of which, better left unknown.

"Your reward."

He threw it far, Barnaby running after it giddily.

"Now, Frank."

He stared straight into Frank's soul, his piercing dark eyes making Frank jump, causing him to start sweating from nervousness.

"You wanted to know what happened to dear Eddie, correct?"

"..."

"Let's go pay him a visit."

——————————————————————

Author here, finally done with this chapter :D

So what'd ya think? Barnaby being evil, Frank and Eddie maybe getting murdered? Was it exciting?

The last few chapters are approaching soon, so get ready for a bombastic last few chapters.

Also I just discovered this book is 1# on the "Wally" tag so that's insane.

Anyways, peace out and STOP VOTING FOR GODS SAKE WE'RE ALREADY #1 WHAT ELSE ARE YOU VOTING ON AAAAHHH