Chapter 3 - Bedtime

Author's notes - Guys please stop voting, my notifications can't handle this. Just yesterday I got like 25 notifications please T.T

——————————————————————

You opened your eyes, awoken from your nap by the sound of a door opening. You looked up from the vibrant red felt couch, catching a glimpse of Wally.

He hurriedly entered Home, holding his dark blue cardigan, normally worn by him but now in his arms, tightly against his chest. It had some kind of red stain.

"Wally, what happened?"

"Hm? Nothing at all. I went to visit Julie. We had a lovely time picking tulips and such."

You glanced back at his cardigan, the stained red sleeve striking you as unusual.

"What's that stain?"

"Stain? Oh, Barnaby invited us over for tomato soup, I just couldn't refuse. Got a little on my sleeve however."

Barnaby never ate tomato soup, in fact he hated it because of all the additives. However, he was one to try new things so perhaps he was trying it out again.

Wally rushed over to the bookshelf, patting the walls lightly before a small hole in the floorboards appeared. He hurriedly dumped the cardigan into the hole, tapping it with its feet before it slowly morphed back into position.

Wally dusted himself off, making his way to the couch.

"While I was with Julie, I got this for you."

He handed over a small neck tie, similar to his but bright yellow instead, with rounded ends. It reminded you of the one Julie wore, it was rather beautiful.

"Thanks, Wally."

"No problem at all, Neighbour."

He smiled softly, staring directly at your face. As he chuckled, the clock rang. He glanced up at the house clock.

"Heavens, look at the time. I believe it's time to go to bed."

He went up the staircase, gesturing for you to follow. You glanced back at the front door.

"Wally, shouldn't I go home?"

"Don't be silly, you are in no shape to go home. You should stay here for the time being. Think of it as a sleepover."

"Could I at least say goodnight to the rest of the neighbours? Julie was always really hyperactive, I'm sure that they'll need to be reminded it's bedtime."

"Don't be silly. Julie won't need such reminders."

"I'm sure she's sleeping just fine."