34. 𝘗𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘪𝘵.

Song: Happiness is a boy by Mathew Orgel

**

~ Asher Alexander Bernardi ~

"I feel this gravitational pull towards you, like the universe and all the galaxies had a talk and said, 'yeah, it's time'." ~ Gawn Birdie

"Ash Ash!" Domenico's little sister, Rosie, shouts excitedly as I enter their house, not even bothering to knock.

He started it, don't blame me.

"Hello little Rose, do you know where your brother is?" I ask while bringing her into my arms and giving her a tight hug.

Rose is genuinely the sweetest little girl I have ever met. I've always had a soft spot for kids, and please don't make that sound weird.

Young kids are typically far more accepting than a good portion of adults, hate is taught, babies aren't born hateful.

"Mm, nope." She mumbles while clinging onto me like a Koala.

"Oh hello sweetie." Domenico's mom says she enters the foyer. "Nico is up in his room."

"Thank you Mrs. De Luca."

"Asher, you literally come and go from my house as you please, the least you can do is call me 'Sofia'." She says with a light hearted smile, "I'll take her from you, go right on up." She adds while detaching the leach — I mean the six year old child — from around my neck.

"Thank you Mrs.... Sofia." I say causing her to chuckle as I begin my way through the house, the De Luca mansion isn't as large as the Bernardi mansion but it's still decently big. I guess it would make sense that we had more space considering there's more of us but then again one of the foster homes I was in lived in a place with twenty-three bedrooms and it was just the foster parents that lived there.

That home was still awful but I would consider it one of the best ones.

I knocked on Nico's door once before saying a quick, "I'm coming in, throw a blanket over yourself if you're in the middle of masturbating."

"Dude, why would you even say that." He groans while looking up at me from his desk.

"I may not be a real guy but I know how guys think." I shrug while removing my shoes and sitting on his bed with my legs crossed.

"I really dislike hearing you talk about yourself like that, you are just as real as I am." Nico says in a stern tone.

"Tell that to the lumps of fat on my chest." I mumble, I don't often like to fall down the self-pity hole, not anymore that is, but dysphoria has been really kicking my ass today. I was almost tempted to curl up in a dark room and not show up today but Dahlia thought it would be best if I got out of the house to keep my mind off it, we see how well that's going so far.