31. 𝘍𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘱𝘪𝘦𝘤𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘱𝘶𝘻𝘻𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘈𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦

Song: The best part of me by Lee Brice

**

~ Alessandro Diego Bernardi ~

"Da- I mean Sandro... Shit. I mean.. Ah." Asher cutely argues with himself as he barges into my office and throws himself on the small couch against the right wall.

"I'm going to ignore that last part, did you almost call me dad?" I couldn't help but be slightly amused by the situation my little brother put himself in.

"No... not at alllllllllllll, I don't know what you're talking about... Pfftt you? Dad? That's crazy talk."

"I think you're lying, as a matter of fact, you're an awful liar."

"Fine you caught me, but don't blame me. If you stopped acting like my dad, my brain wouldn't be confused all the damn time... Don't you think it's confused enough? I'm already trans, don't you think my poor mind has had enough confusion to last a lifetime? Now I have a big brother, that I didn't know even existed five months ago, who treats me how I assume a father would... Not that I would know... So if I accidentally call you 'dad' once or twice, it's really your fault."

"You are such a dork fratellino, is there a reason you barged in my office without knocking?"
[little brother]

"Oh right, I forgot about that, Nico is coming over soon to work on something for school, can you please order food before I starve to death?" Asher asks.

"You are dramatic, there's plenty of food in the kitchen."

"Stop being so .. so.. so... responsible... for once in your life... please? Don't you think I deserve it? I was tortured in the foster system for fourteen years, the least you can do is order me food."

"Are you really going to pull that card?"

"Yes. I know it wasn't your fault but if you loved me... You could make up for it with food."

"You are one evil kid, Asher Bernardi." I reply in a joking tone, "Fine. What are you feeling?"

"Korean?"

"Just text me what you and Domenico want and I will have my assistant run out to get it, it will be sent up to your room as soon as possible."

"You're a lifesaver, this is why you're my favorite brother."

"Yeah yeah, get out of here."

"Uh...." I attempt to breathe, shaking off the memory, "how did you even get my DNA?"

"Oh... About that, do you remember that attack at the warehouse about a few weeks ago? You were shot in your shoulder?"

"Yes, how did you.... My own father shot me, didn't you?"