28. 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘬.

Song: Motion Sickness by Phoebe Bridgers

**

~ Alessandro Diego Bernardi ~

"It was not okay. Someone decided that it was appropriate to expose you to the big and scary stuff... Then proceeded to leave you alone. You didn't deserve that." ~ Unknown

There was once a time I felt everything so passionately.

'The world didn't deserve how big your heart is, my little Ally.' My dad would say constantly, 'a heart so big for a world so small'.

I could say it a million times over, but I won't bore you with the same repeated details.

Sometimes I wish I could go back in time, maybe the sixteen year old version of me would have done something different. Maybe he would have fought harder, maybe ...

"Okay, what's been going on lately? Why did I have to stitch up ten of your men last night?" Dario's voice breaks me from my thoughts.

"I was going to talk to you about that, I just didn't have the chance just yet. I am not obliged to give you all of the information regarding Asher's previous living situation but I can tell you the obvious, his foster parents are the reason behind the majority of his injuries.

I felt the prison cells were too kind for them and I used our connections to have them transferred into our main warehouse. I am also searching for every last foster parent or foster sibling that may have harmed Asher and they are all being locked away in the cells at the south-east warehouse."

"We don't even use that building."

"Exactly. Plenty of space to hold a ton of prisoners that will be long forgotten about, and they can die a long and painful death, probably of starvation after we get tired of torturing them in a few weeks, or months, or years, it depends on my mood if I'm being honest. Maybe I'll keep a few, his latest foster parents look like they would make good punching bags until their pathetic bodies can no longer handle the suffering and their organs die off one by one." I continue to ramble, not even realizing I was still speaking to my brother.

"I guess that makes sense-" is it sad when you speaking like a complete psychopath no longer fazes your brother? "-but I have to get going, Zander somehow got shot by Liv, I am going to assume he tried to take her chocolate fudge and caramel pudding again." Dario says after looking up from his phone and then walking out the backdoor.

I'm not even sure why he does that, he's preferred to exit the house from the back yard for years. I'm not sure when it started, but what I do know is nobody stops him, or even tries to question it.

Suddenly the one woman I wish I never had to see again entered through the front door, her eyes almost sparkled as the same mischievous smirk appeared on her lips, one that I really do not miss.