Chapter 43: The end

15 years later :

Sebastian POV

"Theseus! I need you to hurry up please I have to get your brothers things ready for his first year!" I yelled up the stairs the get no response. "Where is that damn kid anyway..." I spoke to myself as I closed his trunk walking to the kitchen. "Ah! Annie sweetie, have you seen your brother anywhere?" I asked and she pointed to the small open suitcase on the floor as she sipped a glass of juice.

"Oh bloody hell," I sighed kneeling down to the floor looking into the opening. "Newton! Your mother will be here any minute from dropping the Hippogriff baby's off at aunt Poppy's." I yelled down into the case with no response. "we can not miss this train young man!" I continued. Footsteps clamored down the stairs behind me. "You'll never get him out of there." Theseus said taking a bite of toast.

"I'm going down there! Watch your sister please and get the trunks ready to load." I ordered frantically stepping down into the case. Theseus rolled his eyes at me. "Come on Annie let's find your jumpers." He said as I made my descend down the rickety wooden latter. I couldn't have made something sturdier when I enchanted this blasted thing.

I followed a small trial of shiny coins to a section of meadow. "Newt?" I called out walking through the grass. A small niffler popped it's head briefly above the grass line. "Gotcha." I said softly approaching the area they were laying. "I don't want to go away." He said softly petting Rococo. "I know pal, but you will be alright. Theseus will be there with you for his last year, and you can write us anytime you need." I reassured as I sat next to him grasping his shoulder.

"But what about the beasts? They need me." He croaked and I smiles down at him, "your mother and I have been taking care of Rococo and all the others far longer than you've even been alive, I think they'll manage just fine." I said pulling him into my side. A group of thestrals with satin ribbons tied around their necks approached us. I looked at Newt curiously. "I can't see them I need to know where they are." He shrugged standing up to greet them.

"It's not fair, I can't wait to be able to see them like you." He said reaching out until one nuzzled into his hand. "And I hope with everything inside me you never will son." I said back to him knowing I would never want him to experience what it took to see them. "Come on, we've got to get going." I said ushering him to the exit.

I started climbing the latter when her smiling face popped up at the top. "Running Late as always Sallow?Somethings never change." She joked as we emerged from the suitcase. I swept her into a hug spinning her around the kitchen.

"I don't understand why you didn't decide on Sallow, it's much cooler." Newt questioned grabbing his jacket from the rack.u "Because we are Scamanders, I was always meant to be a Scamander. I had just been lost for a moment in time, but your mother found me" I said pulling her head to my lips swaying her around the room for a moment. Newt rolled his eyes and headed out towards the car.

Y/N POV

I watched as both my sons ran at the wall between platforms 9 and 10. Sebastian held Annie in his arms running in after them. I paused for a moment, It seemed like just yesterday I was rushing through it myself to not be late. I had gotten everything I had ever dreamed of and more. My dream job, the love of my life, and our 3 amazing children. I quickly ran at the wall before the passage sealed.

"Uncle Omimis!" Annie screamed running over and embracing our dear friend. Sebastian and I closely followed suit. I grabbed Omimis hand giving it a gentle squeeze "Are the girls already on the train?" I asked looking around. "Yes, Imelda was helping them load their trunks, she should be back shortly." He said softly.

Omimis and Imeldas twin daughters were 3rd years. One with dark inky black pin straight hair and the other nearly white blond and wavy. They were beautiful and the greatest pair of beaters slytherin team had ever seen.

Imelda walked up wrapping her hand around Ominis waist standing next to him. We all waved at the kids as they took their seats on the train. "Two down, one to go." Sebastian said tickling Annie's side. She laughed and smiles as they joked and he threw her onto his shoulders. She had his smile even though she was my spitting image.

Theseus had some physical qualities of Sebastian but ultimately he looked more like my father. Their temperaments however, were quite similar, ever stoic. He did however take after me somewhere as he decided he would be joining the Auror program after this year.

Newton, my sweet little Newt, he looked the most like Sebastian, messy brown curls and freckles dusted across his face. His kind mild nature was closer to mine though. He had such a way with beasts and herbology already, I knew he would make an excellent Hufflepuff. If the sorting hat so chose.

I loved them all dearly and I could not wait to see what their futures held in store. I knew they were all capable of greatness in their own ways and I was immensely proud of each of them.

I quickly grab Newt pulling him to the side before he boarded the train. "Don't be nervous my little love." I said softly kneeling down to his height as I fluffed his curls. "When you get to Hogwarts I'd like you to track down someone for me...do you think you could do that for mummy?" I asked and his eyes brightens up with the possibility of an impending quest and nodded excitedly.

"Good boy, now, there's a little house elf named Deek, find him and tell him your mum says hello and that you have her same affection for magical beasts...tell him that she wants him to show you her special room." I said raising my brow and shoot him a wink. I'd told him stories of the beasts who originated in the vivariums at Hogwarts. He scrunched his face and smiled at me wrapping his arms tightly around my neck. "I love you mum." He said burying his face into my shoulder. "I love you too, be brave my little Newt." I said giving him a kiss on the cheek and nudged him towards the train.

I made my way back to the group of parents and looked up at my husband as he doated on our beautiful daughter glowing from within. You would never know looking at him now the darkness that once plagued his life. I use to see it so clearly in his eyes, and the exhaustion on his face as he fought the effects of the unforgivable curses daily. It was now just a distant memory as it was replaced with love and happiness. He deserved every bit of it.

He had once said to me that the only thing brave enough to tame a venomous snake was a badger, and I knew now he was right. No one else would have been able to get him to this point, but the same could be said about me. We were everything the other person needed at any given time. A best friend, a companion, a lover, we completed each other. The true definition of soulmates.

"I love you." He said looking down at me. "Forever?" I questioned leaning my head on his chest. "Always." He replied kissing the top of my head as the train pulled away from the station.