Chapter 8: Herbology

I was Reviewing the supply list professor Garlic had handed out and began gathering my seeds and fertilizer. I grabbed 2 of everything on the list well prepared for Sebastian to be inevitably late. I headed over to a section of potting stations. Across from me was Imelda and next to her Poppy. She gave me a little wave as I began setting up the remaining 2 stations.

"You're so advanced you need 2 whole stations now?" Joked Imelda. "No, Sebastian. I figured I'd save him some time since he will undoubtedly be running late." I said continuing to arrange the packets of seeds. The 2 girls exchanged glances and then both looked back at me this time with smirks on their faces.

"What? We're friends you know that." I say trying to play it cool. "Yeah well I've been taking Herbology with the both of you for 2 years now, and never once have you set up his station." She said in a more pressing tone. "Point Imelda?" I say refusing to meet her gaze. "Point being, why the sudden shift in generosity?" Imelda questioned.

"She was also out past 3 with him last night" Poppy chimed in. Imeldas eye grew to the size of tea Saucer. I whip my head in Poppy's direction. I guess not everyone was asleep. They both continue giggling and I do give in and join for a brief moment. "Ladies, it's time to focus on the plants." Professor Garlic said as she walked passed our stations. Imelda rolled her eyes "LATER" she mouthed.

Not 5 minutes had gone by and in bursts Sebastian. Scanning the room and making a bee line for our group. "Mr Sallow, you'd best thank your friend Y/N she's already prepared your station for you." Professor Garlic announced as he approached his pot. "Yes, thank you kindly, you've been ever so helpful this morning." We both knew he wasn't talking about his station.

"Also, Mr Sallow, I am not one to be a stickler for the rules but, full uniforms are required during class." Professor Garlic said "including the neck tie." She continues, pointing her wand at his bare neck.

I nearly felt it burning a hole in my robes. instantly I had a warm tingling sensation below by skirt at the memory of how I had came in possession of it. I instinctually crossed my legs.

"Yes Professor, I seem to have...misplaced mine." He replied nudging my foot with his. "I'll replace it after classes today." He assured her. The answer seemed to satisfy her enough as she continued surveying the rest of the class. God I wanted him so bad.

Sebastian POV

I never liked Herbology. Everything always wound up dead no matter how hard I tried. Not too different from the people in my life.

The only bright side to this ridiculous class was that Y/N was in it with me every year. She tried her best to help me but no amount of studying ever gave me her green thumb. I still let her try though, any excuse to spend more time with her.

She on the other hand, flourished in this class, much like her plants. She was cute when she rambled on about them. " they will grow. They just need love, and time Sebastian." she always said. Something I wasn't too keen on giving to the plants. But her? I could give all the time and love In the world.

The rest of class flew by without much incident, other than Imelda Reyes nearly getting bit by a tentacular. "That stupid plant could have ruined my chances of finally becoming captain this year!" Imelda groaned. Shit. quidditch. Slytherin tryout we're this weekend.

Y/N POV

"We all know you're going to be Slytherins captain Imelda, would you relax." Seb said exhausted with Imelda's complains. "He's right you're the fastest flyer I've seen." I follow up. "Maybe next to you, when are hufflepuffs tryouts?" She asked. "Oh, not sure I think weekend after next? Why?" "Because you'd be one hell of a chaser." Sebastian interjected.

I hadn't really given much thought to quidditch. My first 2 years at Hogwarts it was cancelled. I've learned bits in pieces of how the game went but never actually played for myself. "What in Merlin's name are you talking about? I'd be terrible! I've never even seen a game let alone played!" I blurt out.

"It all comes naturally, come watch Sebastian and I try out this weekend before you make up your mind." Imelda finished and bounced off to her next class. Sebastian try out. I raised an eye brow at him. "You play?" I asked "how did I not know this?"

The rest of our class broke away all rushing to get to their next class. We were the last 2 left in the small courtyard. "I do, and because you never asked." He replied looking around and then promptly grabbing me by my waist and pulling me into an alcove. A small waterfall was splashing on the other side.

He pressed me up against the far wall cupping my chin in his hand. "I've missed you." He said gently as he pressed his body closer to mine. "You've been with me all morning? you can't miss me." I replied cracking a smile. "Alright well, I've missed these." He replied brushing his thumb across my lips before quickly pressing his against them.

I felt him begin to pull away so I grabbed the back of his head my fingers gripping his soft brown curls and pulled him back in to my lips. I wanted more. I parted my lips slightly letting my tongue escape into his mouth. My breathing intensified.

"Mr Sallow, Ms Y/LN. A moment of your time. Now." We both stop dead where we stood. Professor Weasley. Fuck.

"I will say I'm a bit shocked to find myself in this predicament with the 2 of you." She began "I don't have to explain to either of you about the rules and why they are in place?" "No ma'am." We both say in unison. "Good, You're both bright young minds so I will spare the lecture then." She stated.

"Thank you professor." I returned sheepishly. "Off to your next classes then." She said and we began to walk away. "20 points, from each of your houses...shall set a deterrent for the future...I should hope." She finished as we were almost to the castle doors. Damn, so close. I squint my eyes shut a moment. A single kiss worth 40 points?

"I wonder how many points the undercroft would have set us back." Sebastian whispered to me as the doors to the courtyard closed behind us. He kissed my temple briefly and began to jog off. "Can't be late for muggle studies, though I think I should get some extra credit for the in-depth studying I did on a muggle born last night." He said grinning at me one last time before disappearing behind the other set of door.

"You'd better ask since you're already LATE for muggle studies!" I shout after him. Thinking he was already gone. I started walking the opposite way to Astronomy. "Too right you know!" He shouted back down the hall. I couldn't help the stupid smile that grew across my face. I had never been late to a class before now. But it was worth it.