Chapter one: The train

I began racing through the station to make it onto to platform 9 3/4. 10:50Am the station clock read. The train leaves at exactly 11 o'clock. My feet were aching from how quickly I was running and the lace of my boots loosened with each stride.

Thank god we get to learn how to aparate this year. I thought as I squinted my eyes and took a deep breath charging for the bricks. It never gets easier running full blast at a wall, especially this year being late. I was sure the gate would close off on me inevitably breaking my nose, but a cold blast of air whirled past and I knew I had made it to the other side as I opened my eyes.

I made my way onto the train and nearly all the compartments were full by now, not that I needed to worry much about that, I knew exactly where I was heading and a spot would be waiting for me when I got there.

The very last train cart erupted with chaos as I opened the sliding glass door. "Well Well! Look who finally graced us with her presence." Imelda, a black haired Slytherin girl, says in her thick Scottish accent nudging Ominis. " Oh, I'd love to be able to Imelda, but it my sight seems to be impaired my dear! Rather peculiar isn't it!?" He laughed. She rolled her eyes at him and gave him a small shove with her elbow. I giggled softly rolling my eyes at the pair of them as I shoved my stuff in the over head. "Ah!" Ominis exclaimed at the sound of my laugh "but that lovely sound id recognize anywhere, Come sit darling I've saved you a seat."

"I will, I just haven't changed into my school robes yet..." I said squeezing his hand as I notice everyone else was already dressed. "I'm surprised you had your head on straight enough to pack them" he slung back at me as he let go. "Hilarious. " I replied walking towards the lavatory with my head turned behind me still laughing with them when I suddenly bumped into something. No, Not something. Someone.

"oh sorry! I didn't...," I began trialing off as I looked up and saw who I'd run into. It was Sebastian Sallow. He was making his way out of the boys lavatory looking a bit disheveled. "Ah, well at least I wasn't the only one running late this year." he said with a cheeky grin and winked at me looking me up and down in my muggle clothes. My cheeks flushed red. My cheeks flushed red?!? Why have my cheeks flushed red!

I've know Sebastian as long as anyone else on this damned train. Hell! I risked my life for him many times over the last 2 years! And now after all this time...no. I said to myself. We are NOT about to get caught up with a boy now! let alone one I considered a dear friend. I took a deep breath in as I met his eye line.

"You've never been on time for anything in your life though have you Sallow? " I countered trying to cover my nerves. I don't think he had noticed I was blushing. "True" he replied  "but what's life without a little rush right?" He sneered in a low tone before  lifting me up off my feet for a hug. Had he gotten taller? And... stronger. He felt different, But I liked it.

I felt a warm sensation enter me as he squeezed me tighter. "Ah! It's good to see you Y/N!" He exclaimed before planting me back down to the ground. In a softer tone he leaned towards my ear " Oh how Ive missed you" his words tickling and send goosebumps cascading down my spine. I shivered slightly as he made his way over to Ominis. It felt as if My heart stopped beating for a moment and I quickly shut the door behind me pressing my back into the hard wood. Fuck me. It's going to be an interesting year.

I rushed my Hufflepuff robes on and splashed some cold water on my face looking up at my crimson stained cheeks. What the hell was happening to me. I mean Im not daft, I knew other girls who had been interested in Seb. And maybe when I first got to Hogwarts I might have had a small crush but not this. This was different. It was like something had come over me entirely. Something new. Something primal.