Chapter 7: Morning

I startled awake the next morning worried it had all just been a vivid dream, a trick of my subconscious, and then remembered. I frantically reached into my pants pocket and felt it there. His tie. Phew. Relief flooding over my body. I can hear the other girls gathering their toiletries to head to the lavatory.

I slumped out of bed yawning and stretching. I had only gotten about 3 hours of sleep. I wait for the other girls to exit the room and quickly change into my robes. I removed the tie from my pajama pants pocket lifting it to my face briefly before tucking it away into my robe. It smelled of him, redwood pine and a musky cologne. I didn't want someone to stumble upon it. Or worse misplace it.

I push my way through the crowd of other 7th year girls all desperate for a spot in front of the large ornate mirrors that hung above the sinks. "Over here Y/N" you hear in a small voice.

Poppy, and she had snagged a spot in front of the mirror. Unsure how she didn't get trampled with how tiny she was. " trade me places I'm all finished I'll see you later" she said scooting  out of my way. loyalty.

I quickly brush my teeth and hair before tying back the front half out of my face with a yellowish gold satin ribbon. Realizing I didn't want to be late. even more so than usual because I was desperate to see Sebastian. I rushed back to my room tossing my things into my trunk and making my way to the grand hall.

I hurried getting a plate filling it with a variety of fruit and a pastry all while scanning the incredibly large room for a certain face. Blasted where was he. Not at any of the tables yet. I continued bobbing my head around trying to get different points of view from around the other students. It was no use I had given up.

"looking for something in particular?" I felt a warm breath say softly beside my ear and a hand lightly touching my hip. it sent an electric chill down my spine. Sebastian.
I took a deep breath before turning in towards him, choosing my next movements carefully.

Fraternization between students was technically against the rules. Especially during class hours. ESPECIALLY under professors watchful eyes. "Not anymore" I say in response. "Good, oh and uh, you're cheeks are flushed" he says guiding me over to a table. My cheeks burned red hot as I touched my face with the back of my cool hand. "Great" I sigh making my way to my seat.

Omimis was already seated across the table from where I sat down. I gently squeezed his hand that was resting on the table. "Ah good morning to you too darling." He said with a smile repositioning now facing closer to my direction.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked. "Yes, uhm a bit tired still but I'll manage." I say kindly. "Mmm late night I presume" he replied flashing a small smirk "OUCH" he promptly shouted. "Oh sorry, my foot must have slipped. Apologies Ominis." Sebastian said behind a clenched smile. I rolled my eyes, as if I didn't already assume Ominis knew. But I did appreciate the attempt to uphold my honor.

I lightly squeezed Sebastians thigh, he turns to me but I don't look directly at him. "Play nice boys." I say like I had a million times before. I release my grip and let my fingers dance delicately up and down his leg. He shifted slightly in his seat and straightened his back a bit. I felt a slight movement and stiffening below if fingers. " now who's cheeks are flushed?" I whisper to him as I stood up from the table for class. Payback.

Sebastian POV

For fuck sake. What am I supposed to do with this thing. I had 10 minutes before I had to be all the way down to the greenhouses. I adjust in my seat again as she walks away. "Herbology 10 minutes" she shouts as she exits the large arch doors tapping her watch with her wand. Yeah right. So much for being on time.

I made my way to the boy lavatory trying my best to conceal what that little minx had done. luckily everyone else was heading to classes so it was empty. I turned the faucet to the coldest it could go and began splashing the water on my face. I undid the top button of my shirt and allowed the water to trickle down.

"Here to blow up another sink Sebby" an obnoxious voice billowed throughout the room. Peeves. "Blimey peeves don't you have any first years you could go pester?" I let out with an annoyed sigh. "And don't you have a class you should be attending Sebby?" he shoots back in a sing song tone while tossing trash about the room. Herbology.

"You are absolutely right peeves I am late, have a horrendous rest of your day." I say to him with a smile as I open the exit. I usually hate my interactions with the school poltergeist but today he actually helped me out. Not a trace of what Y/N had done to me lingered. Let's hope I can keep it that way.