The Ones Left Behind /Aegon II Targaryen/

Summary: After the war, only two remain in the giant castle.

Warnings: smut, impotency, incorrect book spoilers
A/N: This is lightly based on the books, so if you are not looking for spoilers don't read.

You were married to Aemond not long before the war began. His mother and yours were great friends at one time, and so, your marriage to one of her sons was unavoidable.

You were there through all the pain. You have seen so many deaths. So much misery that you wanted to run.

You wanted to leave and never come back. But at the same time, you never wanted to leave.

You loved Aemond. He was a great husband.

You were there when Aegon got hurt. Your heart broke for him.

"Where's the King?" you asked a servant.

"In his room, resting."

"Alone?" she nodded at you, confirming your suspicion. While your husband was ruling, Aegon was all alone in his room, suffering.

You headed over to his room, entering without question or warning. There you found him, shaking in pain, sweating as his eyes found yours. You could see he was trying to hide his pain but he couldn't.

You walked over placing your palm on his forehead.

"You have a fever." you said as you quickly moved to the other side of his bed where the nurses stored every medicine. You looked around at the labels. Finally, you found two vials. "This one will help with the pain, the other will help with your fever." you said as you tried to give him the medicine but he refused to take it, slightly moving his head away from you. "Come on now, I'm only trying to help Aegon, please." you said as he looked into your eyes. As if searching for lies.

He didn't say a word, only took the medicine from you.

Soon, his breathing evened as you sat by his side on the bed, your hand holding his, checking his pulse as he just looked at your face. You sat there for a good couple minutes, trying to make sure his fever was going down.

"It's okay, go to sleep." you smiled as he slowly closed his eyes.

You really shouldn't have such feelings for another man. Especially when you were married to his brother but you couldn't help it.

Aemond, while you still loved him, was a cold man. He didn't care for you, and while he didn't hurt you in any way, his revenge and family values were more important to him than anything. Even if that meant leaving you behind.

On the other side, you only heard bad things about Aegon, what he used to do, what he did to the servant girl and all of his antics. You heard nothing but bad.

So, you expected him to be much like his actions. But his eyes said otherwise. He looked more like a broken old man who had been through way too much.

You watched while the Queen hugged and cherished her other children, she clearly didn't care as much for Aegon.

The only time you saw her smile was when he was crowned. But even then, you saw she wasn't happy for her son, but rather for herself, being the mother of the King.

Aemond wasn't a terrible husband by any means. While he liked to ignore you, he had his kind and gentle moments.

But he was filled with anger and rage.

And that ended up being his end.

Aemond died in the war, fighting against his uncle. A true tragedy and you truly mourned his loss. The loss of your husband.