The Winner Takes It All /Aemond Targaryen/

Summary:

Aemond has won the war, and he claimed his prize.

You knew your father has always longed for Alicent. It is what drove your mother to an early grave.

He always made sure to let you know that your mother could never compare to Alicent Hightower. He always made sure to tell you that you should have been her daughter.

You loved your mother.

She was a stunning woman. Clever, kind and patient.

Much like you.

But now, she was gone.

And not long after her death, your father's insanity reached its peak.

His obsession with the wife of Vicerys drove him to war. A war he couldn't win.

Upon hearing about Vicerys' health, your father thought it would be the best time to attack.

But your father was as blind as he was stupid.

After all who can win a war with men against dragons?

You heard how your father was slaughtered and eaten by a mighty beast.

And now, your future wasn't sure.

You stayed in the castle even after everyone fled. Leaving you behind, a princess without a family, and an empty castle.

You accepted your fate.

And soon, your fate walked in.

Aemond Targaryen.

Riding the biggest dragon. Of course, his father would send him.

You debated begging for your life. You debated jumping out the windows you debated running, but as your eyes met his, you froze.

You felt like a bunny caught in the sight of a wolf.

There was no escape. And you knew it.

"I came to claim my prize. As the war ended, your Kingdom has lost." you nodded. "I came to claim my prize, and my prize shall be you." you looked up into his eye.

What did he mean by that?

Before you could ask, he took a couple steps towards you, looking you up and down.

"I won the war, I killed your father and now I will take you as my wife. You will be the proof for everyone of just how capable I am as a warrior." you nodded once more. Marry him or die. You rather marry him, even if he would turn out to be a cruel husband, you weren't ready for death. "Are you mute?"

"My father got what he deserved. You won. Do as you please." you ended up saying and you were a little surprised you didn't cry.

Aemond stayed in your empty castle.

He was mainly watching you whatever you did. He was convinced you might try and kill him.

Every day, he remembered what happened.

+++++++

"King Y/L/N started this war to get your mother. His jealousy had clouded his judgement as he sent his first army and now, we need to put an end to this. Aemond, you have the biggest dragon, you shall go and come back victorious from this war. If you win, my son, you can take whatever riches lie in that castle."

Aemond couldn't care for riches, but the castle intrigued him enough to fly over there.

He found an empty city and an empty castle.

Cowards. Running from their homes upon the news of a dragon approaching.

However, he didn't expect to find a young woman in the castle.