Back Home /Aegon II Targaryen/

Summary:

After the war's over, the house of Targaryen is at peace once again.

Notes:

A/N: This story does not follow the events of the books or the series.

Aemond groaned at his father, how he wished for Aegon to be back so he could keep taking the blame and be the bad child.

With Aegon gone for the last year, Aemond was now on the chopping board.

After the war, Aegon flew away quicker than any of the losers. Aemond always knew his brother never wanted to rule, but this in his eye was an overreaction. No one expected Aegon to be back ever again.

Until one day.

News of Sunfyre landing spread like wild fire.

Alicent, Aemond and Helaena all rushed to see if the news were true.

They watched as the golden dragon left, leaving two people behind.

Everyone immediately noticed that the Aegon who dismounted this dragon was definitely not the one who left.

As if a changed man, Aegon stood in front of his family. His back straight, his hair kept, face smooth and on his arm, a lady.

If it wasn't for his recognizeable features and hair, his family wouldn't have recognized him.

Everyone's attention was now on the lady by his side.

She was breathtaking, her dress complimented her skin tone perfectly, her hair flew as the wind blew it and she had a smile on. Such a kind smile.

Everyone watched as she moved towards them.

"My Darling, this is my family, Mother, Sister and Brother." spoke Aegon but everyone seemed frozen into one place. They watched her bow slightly before once again standing straight. "My family, I would like for you to meet my wife, Y/N."

Silence. Complete and utter silence.

"Pleasure to meet you all. My name is Y/N Y/L/N. From the House of Y/L/N. I told Aegon that we should have sent word of our arrival." You looked at your husband, worried that no one spoke but all he did was smile at you.

You felt uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry, did you say, wife?" his mother finally asked Aegon.

"Correct, we got married... five months ago. Lady Y/N took me off my feet. Made me into an honest man."

"It has been four months since our wedding, but the rest is correct."

Disbelief. You could feel it in the air but the proof was right in front of them.

Aegon, the second of his name, was standing right in front of them, someone they never expected to see and yet, here he was. With a lady by his side and if Alicent was honest with herself, she barely recognized her own son.

"Shall we?" asked Aegon as he guided her to the palace.

---

"So, this is your room?"

"It is exactly as I left it." he smiled, trying not to think too much of the bad memories.

You turned to him, raising a brow as you pointed at one of his... toys.

"Oh, that... that is..."

"Something you can never use on me. I don't know where it has been or even if it was washed." you nearly gagged.

"My Love, you don't have to be so prude. We have done our fair share of... experiments."

"Get new ones then." you said as you moved towards the window. "Are you sure this is the right thing to do?"

"I'm not sure. But what you said is true. I cannot hide from who I am. I cannot run to the other side of the world because I never want to rule. You changed me, My Love."

"I pride myself on that. You looked like a homeless person when I first met you, never imagined you would be a prince." Aegon laughed at the memory as you joined him on his bed, sitting next to him allowing his hands to take yours.

"I looked and smelled like a homeless person and yet, your kind soul helped me. I never wanted to marry anyone, and yet there I was merely months later, getting wed to you and I couldn't be happier."

"Why are you reminiscing on the past? We should be focusing on the future. This is the perfect place to start the new life we wanted."

"Oh, how I love you Y/N." his eyes were shining, he couldn't be happier he swore. "Do you love me?"

"I do, Targaryen or not, prince or homeless, my heart belongs to you."

You were the first person to show him love.

True love.

You found him, barely alive, drowning in his own vomit and yet, you helped him, housed him, nursed him and fell in love with him. Even when your father warned you, you stayed by his side. Not only that but you married him, Aegon is still shocked that your father allowed your marriage, but he was convinced he saw the Targaryen name not Aegon himself. But he couldn't care less.

"Why would you want to go back?" you asked exactly a month ago when Aegon brought up the topic of moving back to his old home. "I know I said you cannot run from who you are but I didn't mean for you to-"

"I want to go back and prove them all wrong. Prove it to them that I can be King and I can be a good one. I was afraid before but having you now, I know I can do it."

You nodded, knowing Aegon was stubborn as a mule.

"Then I shall follow my husband wherever he goes." you smiled as did he.

Aegon had you now.

You still looked around his room as women came to clean everything, and change the bedding. You found it interesting how his old room was so much like him.

He guided you around the palace, showing you everything, pointing out the things that have changed before he stood in front of his father.

The Iron throne is something you only heard in stories before. And the man sitting on it. Barely a man anymore. He didn't have much time, it was clear to you.

"Father, this is my wife Y/N." another introduction to another member of Aegon's family.

The man in front of you, clearly responsible for the pain his son went through and you could barely pretend to be kind. But you knew you had to. You felt your husband's hand tighten around yours as you bowed to the kind.

Aegon had you now, and soon he will take the throne.