The Song by a Pond /Aemond Targaryen/

Summary:

King Vicerys visits an old friend, bringing his children along to the Kingdom filled with mystery and magic.

Aemond shouldn't be out so late, he knew that, the forest knew that.

He wasn't lost, he knew this place by heart since he visited a lot as a child, and so, when he was ready to return to the castle, this is when he heard singing.

A voice so gentle and beautiful, it made him turn around immediately.

The Prince knew, he needed to follow the voice and he did. Slowly walking back in the direction he came from, he followed the song.

He knew the area the voice was coming from, he knew there was a small pond.

Hiding behind the trees Aemond walked closer and closer, trying not to alarm whoever was singing.

When Aemond arrived at the pond, he saw a figure, it was clearly a woman.

He could hear her softly humming along to a song as she moved about.

Aemond couldn't make out what she was doing, hiding behind the tree, with his hood up, he debated leaving.

He decided to leave the woman alone but not without one last glance.

She was breathtaking, washing in the pond, her naked back towards him as she stood in the waist-deep water.

She turned slightly and Aemond caught her profile she was as gorgeous as the song she was singing.

Something in him awoke, something inside him yelled at the man, telling him to get her, that she was his.

It had no basis, he didn't even know the woman, and yet, he wanted her. Aemond had to have her.

---

After that, the Prince found himself visiting the forest more and more frequently. Hoping, wishing to see the woman again.

One afternoon, he heard cries.

Cries of an animal. He followed the cries and found a small grey bunny. Aemond could tell the bunny's leg was hurt, but he was frozen in place when a voice came from beside him.

"What have done?" Aemond slowly turned and noticed, it was her. The woman he has been seeking.

"I didn't do anything." he watched as she kneeled beside the injured animal and lifted it.

"Why did you hurt her?"

"I didn't. I heard cries and followed, this is how I found it." You looked up at the man in front of you, noticing his sword by his side, his hood was up, hiding his hair as he had an eyepatch. You could see the scars, then you looked down at the rabbit once more. You checked her leg once more before you began to heal it.

Aemond watched dumbfounded. One moment the rabbit was crying for help, in the next it was running back into the forest.

"I apologize, a fox attacked her, you didn't." you gave a quick nod before turning to leave.

"Wait! My Lady! Who are you?"

"My name is Y/N. I live in the forest."

"Are you a witch?"

"Some call me that, others call me a ghost or a fairy. I'd say I'm a woman of magic."

"You healed the rabbit."

"I sure did, she was hurt. Why are you here? Do you seek my help to fix your eye?" Aemond took a step back, could you fix his eye? "Many people come here for healing, I assumed you were the same."