Chapter 15: Death for Debts

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"If your older brother was here right now...No, this is exactly why he has every right to worry about you since you're all he's ever left!"

The girl looked down in dejection, noticably filled with hurt and guilt, looking back for what her late brother feared of she became.

Shit...I didn't mean to hurt her...

I placed my hand on her shoulder to reassure her, "But he would be super lucky and proud to have his little sister a badass as him." Upon those words, we both lifted up our smiles, remembering him, forgetting all our worries.

~

Time Pass

Northside of Beacontown - Community College Outside Entrance

Olivia's POV

Ugh, 27 missed calls, 14 unread messages, what the hell is Axel up to? He better not be overdrinking again...

I know he's been moody ever since he's unable to pay his raised debt but when Petra mentioned a "mob gang", knowing that South siders who couldn't pay their debts off, matter of fact, I don't even WANT to think what's gonna happen to Axel. However, there's this strong feeling that I should do something to help him out.

I know it's crazy helping your drug-dealer boyfriend out to save him from debt, and I'm willing to do anything crazy if it means that way!

But how? Maybe if I could ask my da-

No. I couldn't. He wouldn't.

Matter of fact, he had already lost his shit and I don't want to make it any more worse than he had!

Anyways, I was waiting a ride from Jesse, who's supposed to drive me to her apartment. Hopefully Axel's holding up alright. Oh, who am I kidding? He ain't! I could use a beer right right now...

"Heyyy beautiful~" I rapidly turn my head to where the voice is coming from. There I saw a guy around my age, presuming that he's a college student too, seeing him grin and raising his brow at my direction. I looked around to find no one giving their gesture or any sign in response. "I'm talking to you sweetheart, the one with the glasses!" My heart sanked as I figured he was indeed, trying to get my attention.

"What's a pretty girl like you standing all alone here?" He said as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

Behind him from the distance, I noticed there were a couple of guys quietly high-fiving to each other, snickering, who I assume that they're his friends, siliently cheering him on. Of course, I'm not surprised that these types of guys are usually the ones who ask you out only for some crappy bet.

"Uh...actually I'm waiting for someone." I responded.

The guy sucked his teeth as he pulled me closer to him, "How about you and I can hook up for tonight? Just the two of us!" He said in his lame seductive voice.

I kept my calm and just lightly chuckled as I pull away from him, smiled, "I'm sorry but I have a boyfriend!" He guffawed as he looked as his friends, joining him, "Yeah right! That's the same excuse we heard from every girl we tried to rizz up with! But don't worry, I'll be gentle with you~"

I wish Axel was here...

Luckily saved by the bell, or at least a loud honk, we turned to our side to find my best friend on her red old school Chevrolet Impala pulling up in front of us that caught most of the people on campus attention in awe.

"Livieeeee~" Called Jesse, smiling from afar.

The guy who flirted me, wolf-whistled as he scanned her, "Now WHO is that fine babe?"