Chapter 3

I arrived at the fight club and it was exactly how I expected it to be. There was a line of people outside the club with an announcer inside so loud that you could hear him from outside the club.

Looking around, I didn't see Olivia at all and decided to wait a few minutes just in case she hadn't arrived yet. Time went by and she still hadn't shown up outside the club, so she must have been inside. I walked up to the bouncer and he instantly put a hand out.

"No ticket, no entry," he said. The bouncer was the typical white extremely muscular guy with a bald head and glasses. To the average person he was probably intimidating.

"I didn't know we had to get a ticket, I was invited here by a girl and she's probably inside waiting for me."

The bouncer looked away confidently. "I don't care who invited you here because I have a job to do, so again, you can't get in until you get a ticket."

"Where can I get a ticket?"

Some guy who was standing in line tapped me on my shoulders and I turned around to look at him face to face. "Unless you bought the tickets early, got some connections to people in really high places, or are a fighter, this place is nearly impossible to get in once it's too late. I've been sitting out here for almost two hours now and the line hasn't moved."

I listened to his words carefully and decided to choose the best option for me since I was in a pickle. Why would someone invite you to a place you couldn't get into? A better question would be, how did she get in?

"How do I become a fighter?"

"That'll be a tough one. You have to find a sponsor, or at least sponsor yourself, but you've got to have at least one hundred dollars, but who's crazy enough to pay that much money to get their ass beat?" The guy started laughing as if he had told a funny joke. Nothing he said was anything close to funny in my opinion, but to answer his question, I was crazy enough.

I walked back up to the bouncer and pulled out the cash Nia had given me previously and thought about how convenient it was that she had given it to me, but I pushed the thought to the back of my head once the bouncer handed me a clipboard.

"Fighter name and sign this form."

I used my actual name, Wolf, as my fighter name and signed the form using my cover name.

The bouncer looked at it, knocked three times on the door, then a woman came out dressed in almost nothing. She was a white woman that wore a black lingerie set with knee high boots. It was sexy, but Jake couldn't even imagine Olivia wearing something like that. She had dark brown long hair that reached down to the middle of her back.

"A new fighter or do you know some people in high places?" she questioned while chewing on a piece of gum. "I'm guessing you're a new fighter. You chose the wrong day to become a participant kid because we have two underground legends fighting tonight."

"That's fine. I just have to get inside," I said as I looked inside and instantly spotted a camera.

The woman smiled then turned around and I followed inside to be met with a room full of people standing all around the fighting ring where two people had already started fighting.

"Your timing is good." The music and cheering was so loud that the lady had to scream. "One of our fighters was unavailable so we almost gave someone an automatic win. You'll just replace him though." We walked through the crowd of people until I was taken to a bathroom where she stood there and eyed me down before handing me some MMA gloves. I quickly put them on and once I was done, she stopped me from leaving the back room.

"I know it's a little cold, but no shirts, shoes, or socks are allowed, she said with a smile on her face. She had to be around twenty-seven to thirty-two years old, yet she was eyeing me like how a cougar eyes it's meal and it made me shiver a bit. Truthfully, I kind of liked it, and it was familiar to me. Whenever I was sent to assassinate a target in the past, a few women would give me that same hungry look that she was giving me.