Episode 53: Final meal

Enjoy my loves! Don't forget that comments are my motivation (:

The last day on the island, it's finally there. All day the couples have rehearsed that stupid dance, even Harry and Louis. They haven't given each other a look though. It feels painfully real, their separation.

"I don't get why they didn't just let me go home." Louis says as he is sitting next to Eleanor on a chair in the hair and make-up room. "This is literally going to be the worst finals ever. Only you and Luke are in love. Harry and I can't stand each other."

"Lies." Eleanor says. "You two are just both too stubbornly in love. You should have talked to him after the lie detector."

"I didn't want to."

"You should have anyway. Nobody is as in love as you and Harry are."

"James said that we have to be civil during the finals, try to look at least a bit okay with one another. I don't know how." Louis sighs. "I don't know how to act around him anymore because this situation literally kills me and-"

"You guys are done." Lou, the stylist, announces. "Can I just say that the three of you look lovely?" Louis looks beside him where Camille is sitting. She has been quiet during the whole time, which is good. Having her opinion is the last thing that Louis needed.

He looks at himself in the mirror and he has to admit that he indeed looks good, hair styled in a quiff and a black suit that's sparkling lightly. He can't help but wonder how Harry is looking right now.

And like always God reads his mind. Harry, Ed and Luke enter the room and Louis can't help but stare at Harry.

He's wearing a white suit with a black pattern, his long curls hanging loosely over his shoulder and fuck- Louis doesn't know how he will ever be able to live without Harry after tonight. He inhales and holds his breath, biting his lip. This will be the longest night ever.

"There you are!" James enters the room, headset on and notepad in his hand. "Now that you all are dressed up, here is how the first part of tonight is going to go.

First of all each couple is going to have a romantic dinner together , the final meal here in the villa. That's when we officially start stream live. Remember that whatever happens tonight, or whatever you say, everything is live so nothing can be edited! While you are having your dinner, all your friends, family and the other participants of the show will enter the villa . Interviews will be held with them. Right after you open the evening with the couple dance. The rest of the evening is a surprise. Be on your best behaviour." Louis can't help but stare at the ground when he feels James' eyes burn in his head. "And enjoy your last dinner here on Love Island;"

It's not even half an hour later when Harry sits in front of him on a small table on the beach. They are both playing with their food, not talking and it kills Louis. He really wants to talk, say something, but he has no clue what he could possibly say. He's sitting here with his ex, his ex that he still loves with everything he has. Maybe Louis reacted too quickly, too scared.

He wanted to control you, Louis. He wasn't happy about your accomplishments, wanted to control you. He wanted to use the city of love as a prison to keep you. Recognize the behaviour, Louis. This is not the first time.

"So..." It's Harry that starts to speak "This is really the end then?"

"It's better." Is Louis' short answer. "I'm sure you are going to find a hot French guy and fall in love with him."

"From all people you should know that falling in love is not that easy." Harry spits out and it shocks Louis. He hasn't expected this reaction from Harry. "I don't want a hot French guy to fall in love with, I want my hot guy I'm already in love with, with me in France."

"Harry..."

"I know you don't want to come to Paris with me." Harry's voice breaks. "And it breaks my heart, but it's fine. I can leave England alone, but Louis- I really can't leave this island alone..." Harry's hand finds Louis' and the older boy closes his eyes, electric shock flowing through his body when Harry touches him. "Please promise me that once when we're home we can properly talk about this. I know now is not the time, not with a billion cameras in our face but- The end of the show can't be the end of us, Louis."

"But maybe it's better if it is..." Louis whispers, ignoring the pain he causes his own heart.

"What is better?"

Louis thinks about his ex. He thinks about how much he tried to keep Louis away from college because he didn't need to study or work because he could take care of him. He thinks about old friends he used to have but has lost because Louis didn't need friends as long as he had him by his side.

Louis thinks about Harry being angry at him for wanting to stay in London to follow his dream, accusing Louis that he only got this job because he's on television right now. He knows deep down in his heart that both situations are completely different, yet Louis prefers to look for the similarities, trying to protect his heart. He should have never taken the risk, should have stopped talking to Harry the second he started to have feelings for the curly lad. He has been stupid. Louis is not made for love.

"Maybe the end of the show should also be the official end of us..." 

After this chapter there's one more and then an epilogue.

When this book is finished I'm going to finish my three unfinished books first before I start a new one: Stars, Stripes and student life; New Direction and Troublinson in Paradise. Feel free to reread them to catch up again (: