43 | Capitulation

YEJI

For once, I didn't know what else to do. I immediately headed to Hyunjin and I's garage, getting a larger vehicle where I can store my guns.

Once I swapped vehicles, I went straight to the loft. I can't stay there anymore. If they know about our existence, it's better to leave and attack when they least expect it. Yuna was ready to kill me earlier. If it weren't for Ryujin, I'd already be dead.

Arriving at the building, there was nothing else in my mind but to flee from this place and leave no trace behind.

"The siblings are on everyone's fucking radar now."

Running up to the room, I grabbed the gun under the nightshade and took all the photos that were related to the shins. I had it all mapped out, and I can't let them see it.

Especially Ryujin.

"Transceivers, maps, blueprints, films, what else am I missing..." Counting what I left here is basically a need at this point. I'm on the verge of panicking, and no, i'm not planning to get caught again.

Deciding that I have everything I needed already, I left. Ryujin was ringing my phone for the past hour and it's selfish of me to not answer. I couldn't bring myself to talk to her.

I needed to think.

--

RYUJIN

"Please answer the phone, yeji..." I was a tad late when I arrived at the loft. I knew she'd go here, and now all her stuff is gone. Earlier today, I was supposed to confront her about all the things I know, I was about to confess the secrets I was hiding within and that I know her intentions—a war meant to bring peace between two families.

My father had it coming. I'm no longer defending what's wrong.

Dialling her once again, I've had enough of the ringing sound. I turned my phone off and decided to find her myself.

Earlier, I told Yuna everything. I told her how much yeji meant to me. I was expecting her to turn her back and hate me, but I was wrong.

Before I could even leave the building, several men blocked my way. They were my dad's, and I know there's nothing I can do to escape. I could try, but that's not what I was raised to do. Growing up, actions always had their consequences and we had to face them no matter how grave the punishment is.

This was it. Me falling off my own cliff.

"Your father wants to talk to you this instant." One of them said, grabbing my arms and placing it behing my back. Knowing my dad, torture was his way of talking. Being a pacifist was a crime for him. "Please don't resist. You've done something incredibly wrong, Miss Shin."

To fall in love with Yeji was everything but wrong. She was the missing piece meant to finish my puzzle, the only right thing that happened in the span of my existence.

I'd take any punishment for loving her.

anything for her.

--

"Salope ingrate! How dare you break our family's law?! You know better than that!

I was brought to the mansion. My dad is currently walking back and forth here in the confrontation room, not removing his eyes on mine. He was on the warpath, and with my handcuffed hands, there was nothing else to stop him.

"How long have you known?" He asked. I noticed that he was wearing his brass knuckles. If I don't speak...he'd—

"HOW LONG HAVE YOU KNOWN?!" He slammed his fist on the table, startling me.