33 | yuna

Ryujin

Nightfall came and I couldn't function properly at all. My body felt so heavy, and my heart constantly aches with yeji invading my thoughts every now and then.

I asked her to leave my office earlier to have some time for herself, and trust me, seeing her leave pains me even more.

I was startled by the telephone ring, but thankful that it would get me out of my thoughts. I answered.

"Shin corporation. Who is this?"

"Unnie, you're supposed to pick me up, remember? Your phone is out of reach." On the other line was yuna, and I internally face palmed myself for forgetting about tonight's event. I'm supposed to accompany her in a formal gathering. She didn't tell me what it was about, though.

"I'm on my way. Sorry. I was very much preoccupied, yuna." I told her. "I'm wearing a suit. Couldn't prepare. Is that okay?" I asked her.

"You didn't have to wear anything fancy, anyway. That'll do." She replied. "Do you want me to pick you up instead?

"No. I can drive us there. You don't have to worry. If you're all prepped up, just wait for a few minutes. I'll be there in 10."

I immediately dropped the call and hurried towards the parking lot, each step getting heavier. I could still picture Yeji's face in my head, and I can't help but wonder what she's doing now.

I hope she thinks of me, too.

--

Businessmen, gang leaders, and several politicians that are up to no good are all in this gathering Yuna and I attended. Tobaccos, fine wine, and suits were a must in every table and I'm literally having doubts as to why dad let Yuna be in this event in the first place.

"Why are we here again?" I asked her, whispering in her ear. She smirked at me, showing a gun holster hiding on her leg under the dress she was wearing.

"My initiation." She told me, proud.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." Thoughts went rampage, and thinking how young she is to even have a mission on her own made me anxious.

"Trust me on this, unnie." She said, looking at her surroundings. "There he is. Are you coming with me?" She asked, excited.

I have no choice now, do I?

"Don't fuck it up. Please." I said, gripping on her wrist tight. "I don't know what dad is up to but you have to promise me you'll be careful."

"You have my back. I don't have to worry." She said and stood up, leaving me on our designated table.

I waited for a few minutes before following where she went, her safety my topmost priority right now.

I had to focus.

Not until I caught a glimpse of familiar eyes.

It was similar to yeji's, but not quite.

He's here.

Hyunjin.

To my surprise, a man bumped into me, his drink spilling on both of us, making a scene. The hallway was a crowded spot, and now, I literally want to disappear.

"Watch where you're going, goddamn it! This is a thousand dollar suit!"

With that, several eyes landed on us, including his—and seeing me, a cocky grin came out of his face.

"Who are y—" When the man realized who I was, he took a step back and grabbed his handkerchief, helping me dry my wine-stained suit. "M-my apologies, Miss Shin. I wasn't checking—"

"Here's a thousand dollars." Handing him the money I got out of my wallet, he hesitated. I didn't want to waste any time so I grabbed his suit and placed it inside, making sure he hears what I'm about to say.

"Don't cross paths with me again." I whispered in his ear and walked away. I tried to steal a glance from Hyunjin but he was no longer in his spot.

Reaching the end of the hallway, I lost track of where Yuna was. I was very far behind due to that old man.

It was silence along these walls of red when I heard a door bust open. I immediately followed the sound and had my pistol ready behind my back.

I was about to enter the door when a hand grabbed the collar of my suit, pulling me into the corner.

"Before you do anything, it's me..." Yuna's voice was a relief knowing I was about to hit her fucking face. I mumbled, against the fact that her hand was still on my mouth. "Quiet, unnie. Those men are having a meeting."

With a little force, I broke free. "You can't take them out alone." I whispered, scolding her. "You should've thought of a better fucking plan."

"This is the only shot I get! Dad won't let me join you."

"Of course he wouldn't. You're too young!"

She rolled her eyes at me and took out her silencer. "You're with me on this one. You have no choice." She said, giggling.

"Yuna, don't!" She bust the door open, shooting at those on her sight. I'm forced to draw out my gun with the silencer on, and helped her kill approximately 10 men inside this meeting area.

Everything happened so fast. Every man sitting on their chairs are now...dead.

"What have we done.." I whispered to myself.

Yuna excitedly grabbed her target by his hair and made sure he wasn't breathing anymore.

It's making me sick.

"Yuna, you do understand what you're doing, right?" I told her, not wanting to see this anymore.

She smiled at me, and with blood running down her face because of these men she killed, I realized how blood thirsty she is.

I can't blame her.

All our lives, we were accustomed to seeing death.

I was there in several executions my father did, even the ones with the Hwangs.

It was a memory I couldn't seem to forget.

...Maybe roseanne was right.

Yuna shouldn't be here. I don't want her to be like this.

"Dad would be proud, unnie." She said, walking towards me. "Let's head home?"

"Did...did roseanne already talk to you?" I suddenly asked her.

She scoffed. "I declined her offer. She's a coward. She left, remember?"

"Yuna—"

"We have to leave. I planted bombs in this area. We can't leave traces that's it's us who did this." She said and closed the door behind us, grabbing my hand for a run. "The cctv cameras are frozen. If you think I didn't plan this, I very much did." She told me. We reached the exit and headed towards the car when my heart started to beat so fast.

Hyunjin was there.

I know he could mean business with those people too but I can't help but think otherwise.

"He's coming for you next."