18 | revelations

Ryujin

"What's up with you? You're clearly not in the mood." The second we entered my office, Lia started to bug me with her questions. Yeji was nowhere to be found, too. Did I scare her off?

"A lot of things happened last night. I don't want to talk about it."

"Well you better get your shit together, ryujin. You can't be like this all day." She told me. I rolled my eyes and sat on the table, figuring things out.

"What did dad say again?" I asked her. I wasn't paying attention to what she said earlier in the meeting room. That girl, winter, kept on whispering things on Yeji and I can't help but hate the sight I'm seeing.

"His friends are going to visit later. You better prepare some guns for sale. He wants to impress them and that's on you." For fuck's sake. Can't they just check them online and purchase whatever the fuck they want?

He's clearly testing me.

Oh fuck. It's the initiation.

"You can go now, Lia. Thank you." I told her. "Oh and please give Miss Kim a heads up. I'll be needing her here."

"Got it."

When she left, the door opened once again.

Finally.

"Yeji." I called out. "Where were you?"

"I just accompanied miss kim on the 47th floor. I also had some stuff printed out. My apologies, Miss shin."

Winter again. Great.

"I told you it's Ryujin when we're alone." I reminded her. She avoided my gaze, which she always does, then someone knocked on the door. As if on cue, she's here.

"You were looking for me, Miss Shin?" Yeji seemed to be surprised to see winter in my office.

"Yes. Come in."

Yeji sat on her desk and continued to do her business. Winter and I on the other hand, have matters to discuss.

Well, not really. I'll just load her work some more.

"What's your progress in the report I assigned you?" I asked her.

"It's already halfway, Miss shin."

"Great. Now I need you to do three more and I need them by tomorrow. Miss Hwang wouldn't be able to handle them today because she'll be dealing with important business with me later on. Can you do it?"

"Miss Shin—" Yeji was about to step in but I cut her off.

"Did I tell you to speak?"

"Again, can you do it, Miss Kim?" The two exchanged glances and I could sense how pissed she is at me. I've been in her position. I know how one reacts.

"Yes." She said in a low tone.

"That's what I want to hear. You're dismissed. I'll send the files on your email."

Winter walked away, defeated. Don't get me wrong. I know she can finish those three reports by tomorrow. I wouldn't give it to her if I know she can't.

"What was that for?" Yeji asked me when winter got out.

"What was what?" I asked her back, not looking.

"Why did you give my work to winter? I can do it instead. She's already busy with a lot of things—"

"Are you telling me that I'm doing my job wrong, then?" I stood up and faced her, a little annoyed by the fact that she's taller than me, but I know I could overpower her.