15 | unravelling

Ryujin

The way her eyes shone when she saw the cake was priceless. Like a kid receiving a gift, she gladly held it as I took my phone out for a picture. She didn't want it at first, but she eventually gave in and striked a pose.

a peace sign?

cliché, but cute.

"You're not going to post that, right?" She asked me and let out a small laugh.

"Don't worry, it's only for my eyes." I replied, putting my phone back inside my pocket. "A reminder that this day did happen."

"Do you want to eat it already?" I asked. She gave me a thumbs up, then there's me gathering the utensils I brought inside the car.

Words weren't needed to describe how comforting it is to be with her right now. The wind may be cold, but with her, it's like sipping a warm cup of coffee on a tuesday morning with no worries about a hectic day at work.

Now, I know it's been odd of me to these things for her, let alone the fact that we just met a few months back. But I can't just...do nothing.

After all my family did to the Hwangs? I've got to make it up to her.

I finished eating first. I took a glance at her but ended up staring. She didn't notice, though. She's a few steps ahead of me and she's been enjoying the view a lot.

Dad doesn't know about this at all. The Hwang siblings are alive, and there's yet to unravel sooner or later. I got the confirmation that she is, indeed, the daughter of Yuan Hwang, and that their death was fabricated. I hate to admit it, but for safety precautions, I did tons of backtracking and research just to prove that my hunch was right.

I'm standing before a long-time enemy, who I now consider as a friend. However, as much as I feel at ease when I'm with her, I never really know who she really is.

Is she a decoy?

Is something big about to happen soon?

I really don't know.

Yes, I do have questions. Tons of it. And I don't understand why she's working for me when clearly, she knows that I am a shin.

Someone from a ruthless, deranged family.

So....

why are you here, Yeji?

What are you up to?