CHAPTER 23

"Bye guys!" Max said as she followed Lucas and Dustin out of the door. "Bye Zoomer!" Mike said from the couch as Will waved. "Bye Max!" El said, hugging her before she left. "Can you walk me home?" Mike asked, turning to Will. "Yeah, of course." Will said, "When do you wanna leave?" Will asked. "We can leave now. I need to sleep in my own bed." Mike smiled. Will nodded and stood up, "Come on." Will said, reaching his hand out for Mike to take. 

"Ellie! I'm walking Mike home." Will shouted to El, who was cleaning the kitchen. "Okay!" She shouted back. Mike was about to walk outside before Will stopped him, "Wait." He said. Mike looked at him, slightly confused. "Here." Will said, handing Mike one of his hoodies. "It's still drizzling outside." Will smiled. Mike rolled his eyes and took the hoodie for Will. "Come on, nerd." Mike said, opening the door. 

"Here you are!" Will said, turning around as they got to Mike's house. "You wanna come inside?" Mike asked. "Mike we've been together for 2 days straight." Will laughed, "I know I just wanna spend as much time as I can with you." Mike said. Will looked down, trying to hide the blush on his face from Mike. "I'm not leaving tomorrow." Will laughed, "We still have a week." Will said, putting both of his hands on either side of Mike's face. Mike put his hands around Will's waist and shook his head, "I love you." He said, fixing his gaze on Will. "I love you too, Mike." Will said, leaning in. Mike met Will in the middle, both of them savoring every last moment of that kiss. 

After a moment, Mike pulled away and scanned Will's face with a sad smile. He was caught off guard by Will giving him the biggest, tightest hug he has ever received.  "You should go inside before you get drenched again." Will laughed as he pulled away. Mike nodded and gave Will a kiss on the top of his head before walking up the driveway and inside. "Hey honey! how was the sleepover?" Karen asked as she saw Mike walk in. She stood up as she noticed the tears in Mike's eyes, threatening to spill over. "What's wrong?" She asked. Once Mike heard that he officially started breaking down and didn't say anything but hugged his mom. It took a moment for her to register what was going on and hug back since it was so sudden. "It's okay. You're okay." She whispered as she hugged he son back. 

Will walked in to his house and made an immediate B-line for the kitchen. "There you are!" El said, looking up for the counter she was cleaning. Will couldn't say anything and stared at her. El scanned his face, sensing something was off. She noticed the tears threatening to spill for Will's eyes."What happened?" She asked, slowly walking to the other side of the counter, where Will was. "If Mike did anything to him, I swear to god."  She thought to herself. Will finally looked up at El and latched onto her immediately. "Hey, hey. It's okay. You're okay." She said, hugged her brother back. "I don't wanna leave." Will sobbed into her shoulder.

I KNOW IM SORRY IM SORRY. PLEASE DONT SEND ME YOUR THERAPY BILLS IM BROKE.