Chapter 4: The Elven Assassin

Start from the beginning

Fae'delar and Jae'delen enter an office seeing the leader of the Cat Guild, going by Alar'rez.

"You brought Fae'delar, good we can begin then." Alar'rez states raising from his seat and looks out a window leading to a balcony. "Recently an employer got into contact with our own, offering an assassination job."

Fae'delar and Jae'delen acknowledge this and let their curiosity, ironic given their guild name.

"Who's the employer and who is it they want dead?" Fae'delar questions seeing that it's only fair to know.

"No idea, they wished their identity remain private and they've only given a description." Alar'rez explains.

Fae'delar crosses his arms finding this suspicion overlooking the document sent by the employer.

"They want us to kill a noble from the sounds of it, I'd prefer to have more details, you sure we have to do this? Or is our reputation soo low we need to uphold it?" Fae'delar asks rhetorically since the Cat guild hasn't seen much attention in many years.

Alar'rez sighs hearing this as Fae'delar while being one of his favorite students always had a mind of his own.

"Does it matter? We're getting paid handsomely to kill whoever this noble is." Jae'delen points out rather indifferently.

Fae'delar turns to Jae'delen not in agreement with this statement, both clearly having difference of opinions over how the guild should be ran.

"You both have valid arguments but see what this wants and who they want us to kill, then... You'll both decide if it's worth doing or not." Alar'rez states staying open to the idea.

Fae'delar and Jae'delen exchange glances and leave the office.

"Okay let's clarify some things, we both need to be in agreement over this got it?" Fae'delar questions somewhat sternly but not out of malice as Jae'delen tends to respond better if he's a bit more stern.

"Got it." Jae'delen replies as they both head out into the city headed for the meeting point of their employer.

They wait patiently when they see a hooded woman approach them. Fae'delar grips one of his daggers demanding she explain who she is.

"Your employer, who else?" She replies rather bluntly with Fae'delar relaxing taking his hand off his dagger. "I assume you're here for details?"

"Correct, we need to know who we're killing and why." Fae'delar explains.

Jae'delen shakes his head not seeing much point in these questions.

"I suppose it's fair, you'll be killing King Terriel."

"We're fucking what!?" Fae'delar exclaims in shock and anger.

Jae'delen tries calming his colleague down who isn't having any of this.

"I don't think you've noticed but the Cat Guild doesn't assassinate kings anymore due to it nearly causing our downfall many years ago." Fae'delar angrily states factually.

The woman scoffs lightly hearing this.

"Maybe you should hear me out before outright denying it, I got my reasons." She says as Fae'delar crosses his arms motioning her to elaborate. "Whatever your feelings are towards King Terriel, I fear he may put the entire Kingdom in jeopardy..."

Fae'delar raises his brow hearing this as he's heard nothing but good things about Terriel though he's never met him.

"Such as?" Fae'delar asks.

"Such as killing the heads of many noble families that actively oppose him, such families that don't want to send their armies to fight Hell Spawn down south... Such an action will cause chaos, this Kingdom has thrived staying neutral and I wish to keep it that way." She explains as Fae'delar sighs while looking down.