Chapter 4

She just sat there, unable to continue speaking. Carlisle said, "Renesmee?" in a concerned voice. She couldn't take it anymore. She bolted from the room, finding solace in the privacy of her bedroom.

As the door closed behind her, Renesmee's tears flowed freely. She felt trapped, unable to share her deepest fears with her family. In her desperation, she thought of ways to cope with the pain, but nothing seemed to help.

Jacob noticed Renesmee hadn't been acting the same for a long time. Concerned, he decided to go check on her. With a nod from Edward, he left the living room and began searching the house.

He checked her favorite reading nook and the music room, but Renesmee was nowhere to be found. His worry increased, and then it hit him – she might be in her bedroom. He hesitated for a moment, not wanting to invade her privacy, but he knew he had to make sure she was okay.

As Renesmee sat on her bed, she hugged her knees to her chest and cried. She felt so alone, unable to reach out to anyone. She wondered if things would ever get better or if the burden of her secrets would continue to weigh her down.

Just as she was sinking deeper into despair, she heard a gentle knock on her door. "Renesmee," Jacob called softly.

Oh shit.