Nico turns to see what I was looking at and he sighs, "God those boys. Zegras is loud as shit and acts like a puppy that has just been let out of its kennel." Rubbing a hand over his forehead, making me smile. 

Throughout the day Jack and I made awfully awkward eye contact. I'd be staring at him and he'd finally look over making me snap my head in the opposite direction. Once I thought he'd no longer be looking, I'd look over and find his eyes on me. He'd chuckle just before I repeat the action of looking away.

I'm glad we're taking all of this slow and keeping this to ourselves but there's nothing I want more than a sweet kiss from him. 

After all of today's games, and press we just have a small formal event to go to signal the end of the All-Stars weekend. I decide to up my makeup a bit and put on another black dress. Black is usually the color I opt for since I find that I look best in it. 

I feel sexy, and unstoppable in black. 

This time I walk alone, my heels clicking against the hallway floor as I enter the elevator. I walk towards the car my dad arranged for us, and it takes me to yet another red-carpeted event. I step out a few of the men screaming my name trying to catch my attention. I turn to a few cameras letting them get a few good pictures of me.

When I catch a new car pulling in, I take it as my cue to walk away. I walk off, waving to a few people before a young woman with a microphone waves me over. I walk over to her, smiling as the camera starts recording. "Hi, I'm Josie." I hug her, as she introduces herself to me. She gives me a small run down of the interview before starting.

"We're here with Josephine Lee, daughter of retired Devil's star Reggie Lee. Josie, how does it feel to have grown up in the hockey industry?" Her voice shakes, poor girl she's probably nervous.

"Well, I'm really lucky to have grown up in a sport I truly love with all my heart. I mean I was very young when my dad was drafted to the Devils but the minute I was able to understand, How could I not fall in love with it." I smile, leading her to her next question

"Who are your current favorite Devils?" She smirks. At first, her question frightens me making me think she knows something but how could she? "I'd have to say our beloved captain, Nico Hischier. I mean how could we not love him? Dawson Mercer, man, that kid is on fire with his scoring streak and Dougie of course. He's fantastic." I give her my answer avoiding Jack's name at all times, which I know I'll get tormented for it later. 

"Okay, last question, kind of a silly one." She says "What is a must-have for one of your partying nights?" She says, wording it weirdly but I get what she means. "Tequila. One of my best friends, we've been through a lot together." I joke about tequila, making her laugh as well before hugging me and thanking me for my time. 

Just before I walk inside, I hear everyone yelling. Lots of high-pitched screams and some deep ones as well. I turn my head and catch the one and only Jack Hughes, in a blue suit and matching tie with a white button-up. From where I'm standing his hair is all in his face, making me want to push it off his forehead so the world can see him better.

But that's too much, so I continue walking inside, looking for my dad and Theo. I find them with a few of Dad's old friends, smiling as I walk up to them. "Josie, you've gotten so big I remember when you were just a little girl yelling at the boys that'd bump your dad on the ice." They laugh, making me blush at the small reminder of how I was a menace at four years old.

Dad's friends leave to go do something else, while Dad catches us up on his hectic day. He goes on and on about how even though it's stressful it's so worth it. "Today I got to talk to" I tune him out when I feel a callused hand run against mine. If it were anyone else I'd ignore it, but I know those hands too well. I snap my head in his direction, as he subtly smirks at me, making me spin my head back toward my dad.