49 ❀ I am fluent in the language of silence

Start from the beginning

Finn shot his head towards her, "Hey—" he tried to grab the book. Y/n retracted it back as though preparing to strike him with it. He moved his hand away.

Abigail was not convinced, crossing her arms with a frown. "That can't happen. A daddy can't turn into a ladybug." Finn nodded in agreement, glaring at Y/n, who ignored him as she rocked back in forth. "How about I'll be the ladybug, and Finn be your daddy?"

This didn't make sense to Finn. He shook his head as he tried to process what she had just said. "What the— how does that even work?"

"Okay!" Abigail happily agreed. Finn shut his mouth, accepting it even though it might be the most embarrassing moment of his life.

Y/n opened the book for Abigail, placing it between her and Finn as it rested on their knees. As she read the book to Abigail, she became increasingly interested in how her dad had just turned into a ladybug.

The little girl with curly hair sees a ladybug in the book. She hops up to reach it, but being too short, her dad picks it up from the high leaf it was on.

Abigail laughed when the cutely drawn ladybug flew on the dad's face and kissed his cheek. Y/n joined her daughter as she read. Watching intently, Finn fixated on Y/n as her eyes shut, laughing. "The ladybug kissed him, momma!"

"I know, baby. Let's see what happens to him when the daddy goes to bed." She flipped the page showing the father tucking his daughter into bed before drifting off into his sheets.

By the following day, the father was turned into a little ladybug. He was unaware of his transformation, flying around like usual. The father woke up his daughter to prepare for the day. The little girl refused to wake up, pushing the ladybug away.

"How does he—" "Shh." Y/n sent him warning eyes, gesturing him to look at their daughter. Abigail stared at the colored paper intently, waiting for the next page.

The daddy ladybug kissed his daughter on the cheek, instantly turning his daughter into a ladybug, the short story ends with the ladybug that kissed the dad, in the beginning, being the daughter's mother, who also turned into a ladybug prior.

Y/n shut the book with a "The end!" Making Abigail clap in appreciation of the cute story. She hopped from the bed and onto the floor, criss-cross sitting in front of them. Abigail's little knees connected with Y/n's and Finn's folded legs.

"I liked that a lot, momma! I'm the baby ladybug, you're the momma ladybug, and..." Abigail innocently looked over at Finn in silence. He felt his heart skip, and Y/n and Finn watched as their daughter started to understand.

"You're the daddy ladybug." She pointed at Finn.

Y/n cheered before attacking Abigail with kisses. "You're so smart, brownie!" Finn was left struck as Abigail and her mother laughed under each other's kisses.

Is this was love feels like? The sense of wanting to protect something— someone at every cost? Wanting to keep this moment alive for the everlasting life span of every flower through fall and spring? It was all too perfect.

Seeds embedded in the fragility of his heart, set to grow, so it wasn't his soul keeping him alive but rather the beauty to which was planted. All. By. Y/n Clementine.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

APRIL IS A SWEET PEA. OF MAGENTA PINK and burning red. Bitter it was, beauty it was. Too many things could happen in a month of simplicity.

Y/n was crocheting with Claudia, Dalia, and Viv as Catherine tried to teach them all when Y/n got a call from Jaeden. "Hello?" Jaeden didn't waste a word, telling her Finn's situation.