"I'm pretty excited to watch the first pick overall from," He thinks for a bit before continuing, "I think 2019. What's that kid's name?" He thinks to himself trying to think of the boy's name. "Jack Hughes?" Theo says, making me whip my head towards him. I totally forgot Jack was the first pick overall. What are the odds?

"Yes, he's incredible, he had a rough rookie season, but I mean who doesn't?" He takes a sip of his Coke. "Yeah, I've been to a few of the Devils' games this season, and he is pretty good," I add, trying to act natural. Theodore however is grinning like he has the biggest secret. Which he does, so if he has his own life with his best intentions I'd start acting natural if I were him.

Dad's eyes widen and he nods, pride shining through his eyes at the fact that I still support the New Jersey Devils. "Shame Dawson Mercer, couldn't be here. That kid is on fire." I say, making dad wave a finger at me in agreeance.

After dinner we all head to our separate rooms, wishing each other a good night. Once Theo and I step into the elevator I smack his arm hard. "Ow!" He says, I turn towards him with furrowed brows. "Theodore Grey, I'd watch the grinning if I were you." I threaten, making him smile mischievously. "Not my fault little Miss. Josephine Beth has a crush on Mr. '2019 First Overall Pick' I can't control that."

The elevator dings and he steps out, causing me to run after him, bumping into a body slightly taller than mine. "Ahh, speak of the devil. Literally." Theo smirks, pressing a kiss to the top of my head. "Night Josie, good to see you, Jack, our dad is really looking forward to meeting you." He looks back at me, flipping me off as he steps into his hotel room.

Jack tries assessing what just happened in the hallway in the past minute. "Hey." He says, with that gorgeous smile. "Hi" I say still fuming from how Theo left our conversation. Jack blows a soft laugh through his nose and brings his hand to the side of my head. I pull away from it, because of how on edge and on fire I am.

Jack looks at me, tilting his head to the side before saying, "What's going on Josie girl?" He says calmly, making my racing heart even more annoyed. "Nothing, Theo's being a prick," I say, still not being able to look him in the eyes. "Come on I'll walk you to your room." I take his hand and walk him to room 1111.

I unlock it and let him step inside before I walk in and close it. "Talk to me." He whispers, my eyes staying on the ground. Jack's knuckle resting below my chin, his thumb caressing my bottom lip. I take a deep breath and tell him everything that happened during dinner up to the point where we bumped into him.

Jack's blue eyes maintain eye contact with me, nodding every time I bring up something else, letting me know he's with me. From when I bumped into him in the hallway to now I'm much closer to him and more willing to be touched by him. "I understand, okay? I won't blow our cover for what this is. I know you're not ashamed, I'm not ashamed either." He says, raising his hand to caress the side of my face again, this time I allow him to.

His thumb rubs circles into my cheek, as I take another deep breath in and out. "Come here, babe." He says softly, urging me closer in between his legs so he can wrap me in a hug. My arms go over his shoulders and his around my waist. "My friends are going to be here, just fyi." He rubs his hands over my back. I nod against him in understanding.

"I can't wait to meet them, someday," I mumble next to his ear. He pulls away from our hug that has helped my racing heart slow down. "Can I have a kiss?" He asks delicately, trying his hardest to not pop the bubble we're in. I lean in and press my lips against his, keeping it light.

After a few more minutes, he gets a call, and he answers it. " Hey Baby." Jack says into the phone, making me furrow my brows again, but it smoothes out when a very loud boy says, "Rowdy, where the fuck are you?" He giggles, making Jack smile. "I'll be there soon, Z. Talk to you later."

He tucks his phone in his back pocket, taking my hips into his hands. "Alright J, I gotta go."He scrunches his nose. I nod my head, wrapping my arms around his neck one more time. "Thanks for calming me down. I was pissed." I chuckle. "Anytime." He says, sealing our hug with a pat on my butt.

I shake my head and walk him out, pressing one more kiss to his cheek and he walks towards the elevator where he was originally going before I bumped into him.

When did I turn so soft for him? God, I kissed him on the cheek and let him calm me down. First off no man has ever been able to calm me down when I'm angry. They usually have to let it run its course and come back in a few days, but Jack did it in a few minutes.

What is he doing to me? I rub my hands over my face, surely ruining my makeup from tonight. When I feel like I have no control over my own life I start feeling panicky. My hands reach for my neck and start my breathing starts getting quicker. I fall to the ground and press up against a wall, pulling my knees to my ground.

Tears begin flowing out of my eyes, and my mascara drips down my face to my neck. I pull my tank top off, feeling like it's caging me in. My pants come off next, truly feeling like I cannot breathe or move.

Jack could never like me if he saw this version of me, and for some reason that makes me panic even more. A version of Jack where he doesn't like me anymore. I want to be the perfect girl for Jack but how can I when this is how I behave?

After my panic attack runs its course, I stay laid out on the ground for a few more minutes just while I settle and regain some strength to get up. My breathing comes out shaky, and heavy so I give myself a few more minutes until I can get up without falling over.

I count in my head in hopes that it'll help me turn my attention to something else. It works. I get up and head to my restroom where I get a first glimpse of myself after my panic attack. Practically naked with a tear-stained face. I pump some face wash onto my hand and gently rid my face of makeup. I brush my hair, from the matted mess I put it into from pulling my hair.

I grab a bottle of water setting it on my nightstand, and turn on the tv, flipping through the channels to find some cartoons. I pull the cold comforter over my body, hoping it'll protect me from another panic attack.

I'll probably stay in tomorrow, hopefully, dad will understand. Scratch that he will. I try my hardest to close my eyes and fall asleep, but trying to make sure I'm breathing properly stressed me out from sleeping.

I lay in bed watching old Noggin cartoons like Little Bear, Franklin, Maggie and the Ferocious Beast, Oswald, and Miss Sunny Patch Kids. After a panic attack, I always try doing something to heal my inner child because I know the panic attack hurts her too, so I want to make sure she's alright.

During another episode of Oswald, I finally feel my eyes grow tired and I no longer worry over how I'm breathing. I fall into an all-consuming sleep, praying to anyone out there that my dreams are kinder to me than reality is.

A.N// Hey babes, how are we feeling about this new chapter? The next chapter is a bit more fun, but it will probably start out a little not assss fun. Isn't Jack just so understanding and sweet to her. I love you guys so much!

This was a few days ago but Luke and Jack being on the same team makes my heart squeeze. They look soo cute😭😭❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹