Chapter 3: Beginnings of a Growing Village

Start from the beginning

"S-Sorry!" The goblin said before realizing something felt completely different. "H-Huh? I'm..." The goblin couldn't believe that all his pain was gone, and the elder stood wide-eyed when he saw his wounds were all healed as well.

"Jeez...Warn me next time you spit a goblin out at me." You grumbled while shaking some dirt off of you that stuck from the ground. "Hm? Did you use the healing potions you have stored in your stomach?" You asked after seeing the healed goblin stand before you.

"Y-Your wounds..." The elder was in a loss for words as the goblins outside peeked into the hut and were stunned.

"They're healed!" The once injured goblin said in shock.

"Wow! I guess it never hurts to try! I never thought eating him and throwing all those potions in my body at him would be so affective! These healing potions really work!" Rimuru spoke to you with Thought Communication as you picked up on something he said in that sentence.

"Hm? Then you ate him without knowing if he would be healed or digested by your insides?" You asked as Rimuru suddenly began to nervously try and whistle while avoiding eye contact. "Really?" You looked at him with a questionable look.

"A-AHHHH!! Look! Another goblin I can cure! Better get to it!" Rimuru quickly leaped his way out of that conversation as he swallowed goblin after goblin. "Next! And next! Since I ate all those hipokute herbs, I've got plenty to spare! I'll heal 'em all!" Rimuru communicated to you as your head went back and forth watching him swallow and spit out the goblins, effectively healing them of all their wounds and damage.

"Y-You are magnificent, Great Rimuru!" The village elder said in gratefulness as he and the others bowed their heads to him.

"That's the last of the wounded." Rimuru said as he spat out the last injured goblin before turning back to the rest of the goblins. "Now, then...We'll build a fence. Fortify the village's defenses!" Rimuru ordered the goblins.

"Right." The elder and the other goblins accepted the order as you walked out the hut.

"I'll help you gather wood and show you how to set it up. This is a bit more up my alley than healing." You said to them as the goblins walked out the hut following you.

You walked over to the nearby tree line and turned to see many workers with axes and knives ready to cut down trees for their wood. Feeling like that would take too long and would be a hassle of sorts, you walked over to one of the trees and faced down the row of trees with your tail raised.

"Take this first set of wood and use it for the base foundation of the fence. This should be enough to make it." You said as you wound up your tail behind you.

In one swift motion, you swung your tail down against the base of the tree in front of you as the wood split and almost exploded from the impact. The amount of power was so great, the shockwave that hit the tree continued down the row and knocked down almost the entire first row of trees in the tree line of the forest. The goblins had their jaws to the ground in shock of your stunning power as you hummed a tune while walking over and grabbing a log with your mouth and another with your tail. After spending the day fortifying the defenses of the village, the blanket of night had fallen and howls in the distance signaled that the Direwolves were making their move. With your extremely well-tuned hearing, your ears twitched as the sound of multiple paws pounding against the ground rapidly grew closer and closer as you stood outside of the the fence with Rimuru on your head, waiting for the enemy to arrive. A few meters away you saw a large wolf beast slide to a stop upon coming into eyesight of you two and the village as the rest of its pack also arrived and waited behind their leader.