Chapter 24: She likes her

Asteria Kirsten's POV

"It's odd to see you around here" said Miss Zafra.

"I'm looking for my student" I said.

"Your student hmmm?" She doesn't sound convinced but I really don't care.

"Yes"

"Are you doing it again?" I raised my eye brow because of her question.

"Doing it again? What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Cyra Yeriel Zafra" she said and look at me directly in my eye "Does it ring a bell?"

I looked away. I didn't like what happened but I'm not the one to blame.

"She doesn't deserve it and you know that" she continues "I don't want that to happen again so please stay away from Gael" I looked at her.

"I can't do that, she's my student" I said. "And I'm not doing anything—" she cuts me off.

"Exactly.. She's just your student and you're just her professor." I bit my lower lips to prevent myself from saying something.

"Gael is my responsibility now" I clenched my fist. I know that she's not my responsibility but I need to talk to her.

"What's your relationship with her?" I asked. It's odd tht she cares for Yereah.

She expelled Rose and she was even angry with her when she found out that Yereah did nothing and Rose hurt her. She even forbade Rose to set foot in the university again.

"She's a very valuable student here" she doesn't make any sense to me.

"I'm still mad about  what you did to my daughter" she said at looked at my direction "You didn't even visit her since that incident. Hanggang ngayon wala ka paring puso" she said and leave.

I closed my eyes but it didn't help, my tears are starting to fall. It's been 3 years since that day yet it seems like it happened yesterday.

I wiped my tears from my cheek using my hand and trying not to overthink what she said.

I know I've been so heartless before and I really don't care about my surroundings but things have changed. That girl from before isn't me anymore.

I stayed outside the garden for a few minutes. This place was the place where I first met Yeriel. I never thought that I would be looking at this place again.

I used to meet her here and we used to stay here because this place was her favorite spot. She requested it to her mom.

I still can't face her, natatakot parin ako. I didn't know that she had a suicidal thought. She almost killed herself because of me, un ung sinasabi nila. That's why they're blaming me but it's really not my fault to begin with.

My thoughts was cut when I saw the girl I'm looking for and she came out from that garden.

I'm surprised to see her here. I shook my head and walks towards her but she tried to pass me. I blocked her way and I really didn't let her passed.

I'm still shocked that she's here, what is she doing here of all places?

"Ma'am malalate nako" she said but I didn't give a damn.

"Are you avoiding me?" I coldly asked and she looked at me.

"Hindi ah, bat kita iiwasan?" She asked.