24. big brother❤️‍🩹

Kaliyah P.O.V

I walk around the mansion, trying to find something to do.

I walk past the kitchen and spot Ivan pulling ingredients out of the fridge.

"Whatcha finna cook," I ask as I walk up next to him. He jumps and drops the eggs he was holding in his hand.

"Shit," he mutters as he stands up and places the other ingredients on the kitchen counter.

He grabs a cloth and wets it before kneeling and cleaning the eggs up, "you really shouldn't sneak up on a certified assassin like that." He says while glancing at me.

I scoff, "A certified assassin shouldn't be easily startled and should've heard my rather loud footsteps in this very quiet mansion."

He rolls his eyes and mimics what I say to himself. He turns to the sink to clean the egg out of the cloth while I hop on top of the countertop behind him.

"Where's Kav?" I ask. "Boss is on a business conference call. They're supposedly discussing the upcoming gala," Ivan responds while he starts prepping the ingredients and pulling out pans.

I notice how nobody calls him by Kav, his name, instead they all refer to him as 'Boss.' Even Ivan, who is Kav's closest friend.

"What gala?" I ask. He pops a pan of bacon in the oven and starts mixing eggs together. He sets the eggs in the refrigerator and grabs chocolate chips out before closing the fridge door.

"The gala is an annual event. Typically for mafias to gain allies or have smaller gangs join them, you know, to help them become more," he responds as he starts mixing pancake batter in a bowl.

"Oh," I say as he starts pouring pancake batter on the large griddle pan and putting chocolate chips in them, "are we going to the gala?"

He tenses for a quick second before turning to me. "That is for you and Boss to discuss ma'am, I can't answer that." He says and then nods his head towards the door and I look over to see Kav leaning in the door frame.

"Hey sis," he says while he makes his way towards me and places a kiss on my forehead. "Hi," I respond while smiling.

Me and Kav did not get to cover much. He was called out of his office after the incident and we haven't said much to each other since. I still have a lot of questions unanswered and I'm just waiting for him to have free time to talk to his "sis."

"Why don't we go talk in my office?" He asks even though it's more of a command.

I say bye to Ivan as Kav grabs my hand and leads me to his huge office. "So," he says as he seats himself in his large rolling chair. "So?" I ask while I seat myself in the chair in front of his desk.

"Let me start by saying I'm sorry that one of my guys did that to you. His name was Artem. Ivan sent Artem to get you. Time passed and Artem texted Ivan that you were being difficult and resisting and that's why it was taking him so long,"

It's then I remember how Artem pulled his phone out and sent a text while he was trying to undress himself.

"A few more minutes and Ivan went down there hisself, and that's when he saw...you know," Kav finishes angrily.