14 - Damned Vampire

Kanaf Kazuki

Time Skip

"So you're finally leaving? I know you like Mia but don't you think you stayed a little long?"

"Nah not really, it's been awhile since we've seen each other. You know she gets lonely without me anyway."

The woman chuckled over the phone before continuing.

"Yes I suppose that's true, but what will you be doing now then?"

"Well for now I want to visit a certain vampire since Mia gave me the heads up that he could be able to help me."

"You mean Scarlet?"

"Yeah I think that's his name, white hair and golden eyes."

"That's definitely him, I just ask that you please be careful. I know I can trust you but you can't afford to go off and die."

"I know Noches don't you worry. I left for a reason so now I just gotta find out where he is and then try to convince him to help."

Despite being thousands of miles apart and having nothing but a phone connecting us I could feel it as if she were right in front of me. I knew she was smiling, I don't even need to see it to know it was a once in a lifetime view. That alone made me smile knowing that.

"So will you be returning now or shall I be waiting even longer?"

"Who knows? I love to be a man of surprise."

"My my, well isn't this quite the interesting situation we have here. Shitty luck as always I see Kimiko? Well for starters how about you release the middle schooler Bat?"

I finally had my cool moment to show up, I had been waiting awhile to find the chance to make a cool entrance. This might not have been the moment I'd wanted but I'll have to make do for now.

Well regardless I currently held a handgun to the back of the man with a rather gross ear tentacle, I was here before him so he wouldn't have noticed me trailing him or anything. The look of surprise on his face made that much more than clear and the vampire had a clear look of amusement. I'm sure he had long known of my presence yet ignored it purposefully.

"Kanaf!? When did you get back? What are you even doing here?"

Kimihiko started yelling once he had finally realized who I was, and Saikawa looked more moved than I expected. But there wasn't enough time to get into all of that.

"Shut up you ugly sub."

"Of course you heard that..."

"Kanaf..."

Bat slowly released Saikawa gently from the grasp of his tentacle to the ground as I pressed the gun farther into his back. The young girl who was released ran behind me and punched me in the back a few times with more strength than someone happy to see you.

"Well, it seems you even got past my detection you're even better than Watson here. Mind telling me your trick butterfly?"

"Who knows. As for how I snuck behind you, well let's leave that a trade secret. Even then your vampire friend here sure left you to fend on your own. Funny, I was sure he figured me out from the start."

"Of course I did, however you interested me therefore I let you live. It'd be a waste to kill every insect that interests you no?"

"Sorry but that sort of logic doesn't fit with me, although I gotta ask why the two of you would               be teaming up. I came for the vampire alone but I can tell there's more to this."

Scarlet gave me a thin smile while Kimihiko had a slight look. Although Saikawa on the other hand had began to cling to my back tightly.

"Bat here can explain, I don't care for it myself I will be seeing myself out however."

The vampire turned to leave into the darkness, I slammed the pisol into Bat's hands and jumped down to Kimihiko on reflex giving myself a rolling landing. By the time I hit the ground as did Bat due to losing consciousness, I hit him with more force than needed but I don't have the time nor patience to allow him to escape.

"Hold it Vampire! I haven't gotten what I wanted yet damnit!"

Ignoring the three behind me I attempted to give chase only to be faced with a dead end instantly, I couldn't help but click my tongue in response.

"Well well, it seems from up close you are quite beautiful unlike your ugly comrade. Don't look so tense I was merely jesting, now while I can guess what is that you'd like human."

The white haired and golden eyed figure appeared behind me before sneaking around me to face me directly as if he was a vice admiring his prey.

"That saves me time, give me a vessel body and help me place a soul into it. I'm sure you can do something like that right?"

"An interesting proposal indeed however I can't do that."

"Hah? Why the hell no--  Ghk! You damn horny vampire..."

The vampire dug his teeth into my neck before I could even watch him move. The rate he sucked out my blood was nothing short of impressive but I get the feeling it'd be something a BL lover would enjoy.

I tried to pry him off using physical force but he wouldn't so much as even budge. It was if it was the grip of a dead man's. Shit, I'm starting to lose consciousness and my strength is fading and fast.

"Sorry to let you down, but I'm not single damnit!"

I felt like I was completely out of blood in what felt like an eternity but couldn't have been longer than a few seconds. In  a last ditch attempt to save myself I used the handgun in my hand to shoot directly beneath his chin next to my head.

"Shit..."

I don't even know if my shot landed or not, but the last thing I was able to see before collapsing was the ceiling going farther and farther with blurry vision.

"Come see me again sometime then I'll properly take you serious, Butterfly Boy."