13 - The Future (Short)

Kanaf Kazuki

"Yo Mia, sorry it took so long but I'm back now."

After being lead here by the familiar maid of the tuner who could help me I was taken to see her. Normally there would be a whole process of a test and such but this isn't our first encounter, in fact we've had many.

"So it seems but I doubt you're here for no reason. Even if I am happy to see you in the first time in awhile I'm sure that's more important no?"

"Sorry but yeah. But knowing you I'm sure you already knew I'd be here and what would happen to me in the future right?"

"Maybe I do. But maybe I don't. Surely you don't think I'll just give answers for free, even if we are best friends Kazuki."

"Of course, nothing in the world is free after all."

The Oracle, Mia Whitlock

The Oracle, Mia Whitlock. My closest friend despite contrary belief it's not Kimihiko I just see him more. But we have a connection through multiple incidents and at some point we became friends.

"So wanna talk like you don't hate me now Mia?"

I smirked at the light blue haired girl who slowly returned a small smile.

"Yes yes. It's been awhile Kanaf, how are you holding up?"

"Well I've been better I guess. What about you Mia?"

We sat down at a table drinking tea while I crossed my legs.

"I've been fine I guess. I've been able to completely avoid going outside!" She puffed her chest with a smile of pride while I couldn't help but awkwardly chuckle.

"Oh, then I guess you don't want to go hang out with little old me?"

"Of course not. Outside is evil."

"Yeah yeah whatever you say."

She took another calm sip of her tea before looking up at me with a more serious look.

"Even if I can see the future that doesn't mean you can change it even if you want to..."

"You're still on this? We already had this talk before Miss Oracle."

"Shut up, you know what I mean."

"Then what am I gonna do right now?"

She looked surprised for a second until without waiting I flicked her forehead.

"Ouch!"

"I bet you didn't foresee that did you?" Plus if you just see my death or something then I'll just change it. It won't be that hard trust me I'm super strong."

"Shut up... as if it's that easy."

"Then let's make a bet. If I can't change my own future then I'll throw away my earring for good."

Not like it'll make a difference.

"But there's an issue with that."

"That being?"

"Kanaf... I can't see your future at all."